Car Thread!

It has more gears for a higher top speed for one thing in powerful cars, and faster acceleration, and allows the car to cruise at 75mph on the overdrive gear for better mileage...

That was something we didnt know back in the 70s with muscle cars. We had these great engines, with huge power, and 3 speed transmissions... So the car could only go 80mph... But it had the power to go 170 with a decent tranny. My friends trans am is in 4th gear at 3grand or so going only 70mph, and its got a 400 in it...

All these paddle-shifted cars nowadays. Gimme a six-speed shifter and a clutch and I'll be happy.

Yo Ive got something better how about sport shifting an automatic?
omg its sick! Today I was driving a 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander its an automatic truck but it has sports shifting allowing you to shift manually so to speak while driving,So Ive never used it before so i was like why the heck cant i go faster???I didn't know i was in spots shift mode the shifter was near the negative sign so I shifted it to the plus sign and it went up another gear allowing me to go faster I was like holy sh**

heres a pic of the shifter

mitsubishioutlanderes2wdd9.jpg

I think its sweet,
When you stop at a stop sign it shifts back into first gear!
i love it!

You are supposed to shift it too first gear yourself, lol.
My dads Outback has one, its ok, not like a real manual though.

You are supposed to shift it too first gear yourself, lol.
My dads Outback has one, its ok, not like a real manual though.

A lot of Tiptronic or StepTronic gearboxes automatically shift down for you as you slow down to a stop.

All these paddle-shifted cars nowadays. Gimme a six-speed shifter and a clutch and I'll be happy.

I agree. I wouldn't mind having an SMG gearbox though. That's why I love the E46 M3. F1-style SMG gearbox with paddle shifters. :D

Not really it multiplies the torque, and its one of the fastest shifting auto trannys. I was talking about the normal IS as a sports sedan, if i would spend that much i would get teh GTR :D

Not really. The GT-R is rougly $80,000 not including other stealership offers. Don't forget dealership markups too since there are only going to be some 1,500 GT-R's in the US this year. So expect more than $100,000 for a 3,180 lb PlayStation 3.

I know they automatically shift, I just said that, cause you are missing out on the fun of a full manual simulation with an auto,lol.

I know what I said. I added an "lol" for a reason... you dont HAVE to shift it, but not shifting it ruins the fun.

My car has an automatic without an identity crisis. :p

But I would like to be able to select the gears without the "idiot" shifts when you redline or slow down.

Back
Top Bottom