Ooo Worship Help !!! (hd 4870)

serani

In Runtime
So my 4870 came in the mail today, plugged it into my board, the double pci-e power slots have power running to them, the fan on the 4870 is running.

BUT !

While powering on the monitor displays "no signal" as if it weren't plugged in.

There are 4 tiny LED's on the board, reading:

"D1602 "D601" "D1601" "D1603"

The "D601" is not lit, I don't know if this makes a difference or is an indicator to anything.

The monitor is a generic LCD, using an adapter to connect to the card.

The card also has two inputs, and for the life of me I can't think of what they are called, but they have a cross on the left side and are 8 pins (2 high) towards the left. Both connections are the same design, though one reads "video" (I've tried both)

Any help is appreciated.

So my 4870 came in the mail today, plugged it into my board, the double pci-e power slots have power running to them, the fan on the 4870 is running.

BUT !

While powering on the monitor displays "no signal" as if it weren't plugged in.

There are 4 tiny LED's on the board, reading:

"D1602 "D601" "D1601" "D1603"

The "D601" is not lit, I don't know if this makes a difference or is an indicator to anything.

The monitor is a generic LCD, using an adapter to connect to the card.

The card also has two inputs, and for the life of me I can't think of what they are called, but they have a cross on the left side and are 8 pins (2 high) towards the left. Both connections are the same design, though one reads "video" (I've tried both)

Any help is appreciated.

those are DVI connections and your card is FUBAR, send it to me and I will reimburse you the shipping cost...

TIA...

Boooooo

I figured so much, I'm already scheduling the RMA

They better expedite this shit.

What power supply are you using to power that thing?

What video card were you using before this one and did you completely remove the old drivers before installing the 4870?

Ummm, I'm stumped. Did you try resetting the BIOS.

Sorry I can't be of more use.

Yea I did everything I could think of, it's no problem.

When I got everything going I was so surprised to not have any DOA's ... so I figured something had to go wrong..and here I am with a busted 4870...they are refunding currently and I've got another being overnighted..probably won't be processed till tomorrow, so I am looking at Thursday ...*sigh

Thanks Guys

just kidding dude, well, some guy I googlefied had a similar problem and did this...

Ok, finally i got it running

What i did:

1. Used the DVI to RGB Adapater and connected my display via RGB cable with my Radeon.

2. Started Vista with installed driver and no singal loss

3. Opened CCC to check "Reduce DVI frequency on high resolution displays"

4. Didnt found the option, so i unplugged RGB and plugged in DVI cable while Vista was running and i got a signal to the display via DVI.

5. NOW there is an option "Reduce DVI frequency on high resolution displays" in CCC i check it rebootet and still i get a signal via DVI but another problem accured, if i changed resolution i couldnt change it back (e.g. startet Warcraft 3 in 800x600 display res changed but as i stoped the game windows res was still 800x600 and i couldnt change it back to 1650x1050) so i went into CCC and unchecked "Reduce DVI frequency on high resolution displays" again. Rebootet and still was getting signal + res change works now. (So i cannot confirm if its its really necessary to check "Reduce DVI frequency on high resolution displays" or if the RGB/DVI cable switch while Vista was running did fix it on its own.)

The RGB adapter that came with the card, fits into a PS2 like slot, between the two DVI slots..I am going to need some sort of adapter that goes from RGB to a regular monitor cable...I am hoping they make those.

Though I've never seen one.

Awesome find Wolv, thank you for the hope.

I just realized you said, DVI to RGB, so would have to have an adapter going from DVI>RGB>(regular monitor fitting) <--like that terminology?

Update: I am sure this doesn't matter, but I can get the monitor to say "disconnecter" I figure it means the same thing..though I figured I'd post up.

The RGB adapter that came with the card, fits into a PS2 like slot, between the two DVI slots..I am going to need some sort of adapter that goes from RGB to a regular monitor cable...I am hoping they make those.

Though I've never seen one.

Awesome find Wolv, thank you for the hope.

I just realized you said, DVI to RGB, so would have to have an adapter going from DVI>RGB>(regular monitor fitting) <--like that terminology?

Update: I am sure this doesn't matter, but I can get the monitor to say "disconnecter" I figure it means the same thing..though I figured I'd post up.

I think something like this should work with your setup...

c224.jpg

actually, the DVI would plug into your monitor and the RGB adapter with the pins would plug into your RGB adapter with the holes, and the one with the holes should connect to your 4870 with the PS2 slot thingy...

Back
Top Bottom