Breaking the bad News

sdpch

Beta member
I just broke the bad news of the Dead Dell to my friend, and he was ranting and raving about his (and I quote his remarks) "His stupid mother in law, that he wanted to kill her for ruining the family computer. Now the kids don't have a computer to work on...." I am working on providing my friend a solution to the problem. The hard drive is still intact, with all the family data. I plan to put it into an external enclosure and back up all the important family files to a working PC with a DVD burner.

I am on the hunt for a replacement Dell 2400 or 3000 to put the hard drive into. My friend is without any internet access since his main computer is dead now.

Any Ideas?

http://www.sandiegopchelp.com

I just broke the bad news of the Dead Dell to my friend, and he was ranting and raving about his (and I quote his remarks) "His stupid mother in law, that he wanted to kill her for ruining the family computer. Now the kids don't have a computer to work on...." I am working on providing my friend a solution to the problem. The hard drive is still intact, with all the family data. I plan to put it into an external enclosure and back up all the important family files to a working PC with a DVD burner.

I am on the hunt for a replacement Dell 2400 or 3000 to put the hard drive into. My friend is without any internet access since his main computer is dead now.

Any Ideas?

http://www.sandiegopchelp.com

why would you use a dvd burner...? why not just leave the hard drive alone until you find a solution to his pc woes and transfer the files over to the new system then...? once he has his new system, put the old hdd in an enclosure and copy the files over via usb...

Why not just buy any new computer replace the HDD with the one that has the files and use the new as a slave?

if he buys a new computer (or even if he buys a used one), the one with the files should be made into the slave drive or he'd have to reinstall the OS...

Back
Top Bottom