External HDD

I'm in need of another HDD. I'm thinking about buying an external HDD. It would be great if it also had internal capabilities. What would be cheaper, buying an HDD and an external enclosure, or just an external HDD. I want 7200RPM 100GB+ of space.

I would just buy a regular external hard drive instead of a hard drive and an enclosure. Regular external drives have internal capabilities, all you have to do is take the hard drive out and plug it into your pc. Just be sure of what kind of hard drive is in it, some of the smaller ones use laptop drives. Just look for something by Seagate, Maxtor or Western Digital in whatever capacity suits your needs.

I would just buy a regular external hard drive instead of a hard drive and an enclosure. Regular external drives have internal capabilities, all you have to do is take the hard drive out and plug it into your pc. Just be sure of what kind of hard drive is in it, some of the smaller ones use laptop drives. Just look for something by Seagate, Maxtor or Western Digital in whatever capacity suits your needs.

the only problem is that most of the name brands have a laptop (2.5") form factor, while the one's compatible with desktop form factor (3.5") are mostly brands that I've never even heard of, at least when I checked out Newegg...

the only problem is that most of the name brands have a laptop (2.5") form factor, while the one's compatible with desktop form factor (3.5") are mostly brands that I've never even heard of, at least when I checked out Newegg...
They have 3.5in hard drives in name brands. I saw one in walmart today that was from seagate, 500gb and it had a 3.5in hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom