Remote connection to router???

Fabric1601

In Runtime
Hi guys,
I have a router in another town (long story to explain how it got there and such :p ). The router is Thomson SpeedTouch. Now is there a way of remotely connect to the router using HyperTerminal or something like this (cause i cannot connect using telnet or RemoteConnection). My aim is to reboot the router and i really do not want to travel 150 miles just to reboot it.
Please help :confused: :(

i believe if you dont have any web server or anything running jus connect to it in your web browser with the ip address of it.

works for me

i believe if you dont have any web server or anything running jus connect to it in your web browser with the ip address of it.

works for me

If I connect using browser, i wouldn't be able to reboot it and that is my purpose...

if you know your stuff then go into the main router settings and restart from your pc, my friend was doing this to some guys router, he kept rebooting it because he could'nt get online, turns out the guy had his cables off.

Guys, i think that i didn't explained myself correctly - the thing is that the Ethernet is down!!! Can i connect using ADSL, HyperTerminal, some sort of utility, CMD, whatever....the router is not hooked up to any computer - it is connected to a DVR

no idea sorry, im not into that sort of things but I never knew if a router is 150miles away since when can you access the internet threw it? now thats im lost on

no idea sorry, im not into that sort of things but I never knew if a router is 150miles away since when can you access the internet threw it? now thats im lost on

:D I'm not using it to go through it to the inet. I'm using it to remotly monitor CCTV system ;)

If I connect using browser, i wouldn't be able to reboot it and that is my purpose...

First you need to know the WAN IP of your router,THIS will tell you.

Now simply enter this adress into any web browser,type in the login info,and you are now interfaced with your router,now all you have to do is find the reboot option.

Back
Top Bottom