Odd Computer Problem [Need help ASAP!]

NeciFiX

In Runtime
My friends' computer is acting up.

He uses a Dell Optiplex GX280, he got it used.

My friend tries to play "Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction" using this computer and gets an error telling him he needs to install DX 6.1 or higher. He has 9.0, and yet, it tells him this. In "Display" in dxdiag, for his GFX Card model it says "n/a" and the driver is "vga.dll". The default card for this PC is a Ati Radeon x300, and, downloading these drivers tells him "unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration, please make sure you have the required hardware/software."

In Display Adapters, there is nothing there indicating he even has a card. He got the computer used.

Can anyone help, please? I know this forum is mainly about gamers/gaming [that's why most of my topics in the past unrelated to such topics go unanswered lol] but, please, we really need help!

Thank you!

NeciFiX

integrated? the vga.dll is a universal driver for all gfx cards you need to find drivers that will work for yours.

integrated? the vga.dll is a universal driver for all gfx cards you need to find drivers that will work for yours.

Not mine, my friends. :)

That's not very helpful, because, if you read the post, you'd see we have no idea what graphics card he has. We assume an Ati Radeon x300 because that's what the PC comes with, but, when trying to install those drivers, it says he does not have the card [nothing is listed under display adapters.]

Please read the post!

NeciFiX

do you have the power to open the side panel and take a gander at what is in there...........it might not be running "stock" things it is is used. just becasue the computer comes with a card when the fist owner bought it dont mean it still has that card.

Yeah. Do what amp27 suggested. If you can't figure what the card is, take a picture of it and we'll help. Also take the card out, but up with onboard video, then shut down again. Plug the card in and have the system identify the new hardware. It should tell you from there.

This is the driver you need.

I think your mates computer uses the Intel 915G Graphics Controller and if this is the case then the driver I have linked should work.

Not mine, my friends. :)

That's not very helpful, because, if you read the post, you'd see we have no idea what graphics card he has. We assume an Ati Radeon x300 because that's what the PC comes with, but, when trying to install those drivers, it says he does not have the card [nothing is listed under display adapters.]

Please read the post!

NeciFiX

i read what you wrte you needed to find out whether it was integrated or a card you were installing card drivers when you had onboard video drivers needed thats why it didn't work, you can tell if the gfx is near your usb,ps/2,serial and other ports if its near the bottom its most likely a card.

I dont know...try reinstalling the drivers...then give it a try...my friend had a problem similar to yours... :p

Back
Top Bottom