Summer Project

Sorry guys, I've been away a while. I was gone the 4th because, well, it was the 4th. The 5th I had a friend over and I also was reformatting my computer. And yesterday, I went to a lake and had to reformat my computer again because the InstallShield wizard was broken and my drivers were gone.

Anyways, I've never really worked with 3D models, I'll have to get a quick tutorial in that. If it's just giving it a name, and using the name to program then I'll be fine. From my background, I'm sure there will be some code necessary to donate an object name to the model and such. I'm would like to take on that task if there is such. There's always time to be learning.

I think we should first make the game. Then come back and add online capabilities. Setting up milestones and going step-by-step might be the safest way (as in less errors to deal with). I've seen an rpg made out of DirectX and C++. In fact I believe I posted a link to it. If were going to tackle that on we need a bigger team. And we need specialized people. I would say 3-4 programmers, 2-3 modelers (if there is such a word), and a couple others to manage websites and organization and such. And we can even advertise.

ok i think a graphical game will be really difficult in vb.

i dont really see visual basic as a game programming language, and have we decided its def a game were making now ?

I think a game is probably the best choice. If we try anything else we're going to have to use the .NET framework, and with stuff nowadays, it will most likely have to have online capabilities. I mean, we could make a calculator or something, but it's too simple. If you can come up with any other ideas just toss them out here and we'll discuss.

An old style game like galaga or space invaders would be cool. The only problem is that I wouldn't know how to do something like that. I once saw someone do it by using drawing their own pictures, then setting them to move around and using conditional statements. It has been awhile since I've worked with VB.NET so something like that would probably be over my head.

An old style game like galaga or space invaders would be cool. The only problem is that I wouldn't know how to do something like that. I once saw someone do it by using drawing their own pictures, then setting them to move around and using conditional statements. It has been awhile since I've worked with VB.NET so something like that would probably be over my head.

Stuff like that looks hard, but it's really easy once you get into it. I've done that before on VB in the same way you described. It looks horrible and doesn't take time at all. I'm sure if we work together we can get something to look like Counter-Strike graphics or something.

Sorry guys, I've been away a while. I was gone the 4th because, well, it was the 4th. The 5th I had a friend over and I also was reformatting my computer. And yesterday, I went to a lake and had to reformat my computer again because the InstallShield wizard was broken and my drivers were gone.

Anyways, I've never really worked with 3D models, I'll have to get a quick tutorial in that. If it's just giving it a name, and using the name to program then I'll be fine. From my background, I'm sure there will be some code necessary to donate an object name to the model and such. I'm would like to take on that task if there is such. There's always time to be learning.

I think we should first make the game. Then come back and add online capabilities. Setting up milestones and going step-by-step might be the safest way (as in less errors to deal with). I've seen an rpg made out of DirectX and C++. In fact I believe I posted a link to it. If were going to tackle that on we need a bigger team. And we need specialized people. I would say 3-4 programmers, 2-3 modelers (if there is such a word), and a couple others to manage websites and organization and such. And we can even advertise.

ill model FTW!!!!! and maybe some design and programming (slightly) id like to be the story and graphical artist.

and btw vb can be used on a 360 so id doubles as a fun game project.

Ok. We have a mess though. What language are we using? I need to know so I can learn how to use models in that language. We also have to be thinking about what non-graphical programming needs to be done (IE: time).

dunno how difficult it would be but how about a hardware benchmarking or stressing utility

Back
Top Bottom