Unable to boot my notebook/laptop..

DEvok

Baseband Member
a few days ago when i got home i realised my laptop was turned of, as well as the rest of the things that had electricity running through, probably had a powersurge, or cut, anyway.. from then as i switched on my laptop, it is less than a years old, and this is not the 1st time my power has been cut, my laptop does a fling ching ratting "clicking" sounds.. after when awhile, it says it cant read my hardrive, so basically as soon as my logo Ben-Q logo comes up and nothing loads only the msg that cant load my drive, any idea why??? and how to fix this? i heard hardrives are expensive to fix under a non dust room or something... can it be cheaply fixed?

if you hear clicking it means that your harddrive is dead. the click sound you hear is the read head getting stuck and snapping back. this can not be repaired.

can it be fixed from like the local computer tech? are laptop hardrives weaker than Pc hardrives or something? :eek:

depends if it's still under warranty if it is you need to send it back to the original manufacturer if not then your local pc repair shop should be able to fit a new harddrive at a small cost. the fact that this happened during a powercut/surge id assume the damage is more than the harddrive.

Back
Top Bottom