Just ordered me a HD 4870!

Well, how about this for big leaps in performance:
A 7600GT to a 4870.
That's right, I have a 7600GT in this computer and I hate it to death.
When I first got this computer, I loved it. From a 5200FX to a 7600GT was a nice difference, and Now I expect the same to more difference.

I have never had a FlagShip Card so this will be my first time playing with Max settings and getting good FPS.

For you guys here, I shall post my own review of this card when I get it. 3DMarks, games, etc.

BTW, I just got Age of Conan and its GREAT! I'll post any other benchmarks you wish, just PM me the name.

All that really matters about the system are the CPU and RAM so this is what I got

AMD X2 5600+ @ 3Ghz (Will OC more, my temps while playing AOC are around the 40s, Just cleaned my case too!)
2GB of DDR2 800 Ram @ 430Mhz

Can't Wait Till MONDAY!

Ha! My E310 onboard crushes everything else...

...at sucking balls...

Can't wait until I build my rig!!! I want it so bad!!! It will be towards the end of the year. I'll have $400 to spend (which is ehh), but it's better than this crap.

I used to be nVidia fanboy, not anymore though. I like the competition. Good for consumers like us.

now really? how did u manage to get it to 3.0GHz without BSOD's did u get the newer ones with the stock 2.9GHz. cuz mine is stock at 2.8GHz :/

i cant get it any higher than about 3.122 without BSOD's i still get the occasional one tho

he bought 100 MHz for 155$
in still happy with my 8800GT
it will serve its purpose nicely
Err, core clock speed doesn't neccessarily determine how fast it is. That's like comparing a 2.66GHz Pentium D to a 3.0GHz E8400 and saying the E8400 is only slightly better whilst costing so much more.
now really? how did u manage to get it to 3.0GHz without BSOD's did u get the newer ones with the stock 2.9GHz. cuz mine is stock at 2.8GHz :/
All CPUs are different. For instance, both my E8400s needed > 1.4V for 4GHz, nmy E3110 does it with 1.3V, and is 2 hours stable with 1.275V.

To put it in other words. One Q66600 may do 3.6GHz with 1.35V, another may not hit that speed even with 1.6V. I learned that lesson the hard way when I bought an E8400.

QFT. Sometimes you may get a gem, sometimes you may get a dud.

My 5600+ is actually quite nice around 3Ghz. All stock voltages etc.
These are the pictures of it at load and of it as ideal. This is the old 90nm version of this CPU as well:
I also just cleaned out my case, found a nice clump of dust blocking the air flow on the CPU HSF.

I think those are good temps, dontcha think?

Back
Top Bottom