Car Thread!

lol I'll stick to one nice fast 4-cylinder track monster.

No point in having a supercar if you can't afford the gas.

Well, if I can afford the GT, I think I can afford the gas... My current truck doesnt get much better mileage then the GT anyway. 15 when I drive a little hard, 19 if I drive it easy. 25-27 on a full freeway tank(guestimate, never ran a full freeway tank yet, only in quarters or so)

I drove my dad's car today. He took my truck for some carpentry work. He has an 07 Subaru Outback with the regular H-4 engine. No turbo or anything. I'm not a huge fan of it really... its alright, but it feels so wierd driving that car compared to my truck. The powerband is so different too. My truck does great from about 1700-3500 this one is weak below 3000 and I can feel the power all the way up to 6. So when I accelerate, its slow at first, then it gets a little higher RPM, and it puts you back in your seat a little, then it shifts... The gears are a little more spaced then mine, so you get power power power shift weak.. power. If that makes any sence, lol. And its only a 3 speed with overdrive... so at highway speeds you are running around 3grand instead of mine at like 1900. My dad says smaller motors run at higher RPM, but, does your Focus run at higer RPM on the freeway? A focus only has a 2.0, and I'm pretty sure it runs around 2grand on the freeway...
The subaru does have some good power for a small motor though, I think its got about 180hp and 140in torque. As much HP as my truck... But I got 1.5L more displacement... my torque is like 235, but thats also what drinks my gas...

lol I'll stick to one nice fast 4-cylinder track monster.

No point in having a supercar if you can't afford the gas.

Yup thats why the Lotus Elise is such a great car. It has Toyota reliability 2ZZ-GE aka Celica GTS engine.

BTW im starting to like the new hatchback look of the new STI, and the new one is quite an improvment over the last gen.

impreza_wrx_sti_2008_3.jpg

09 Focus RS is official... in Europe that is. Surprise? Not really.

Even in green, I would still rock it like no other. The RS engineers opted out of AWD for FWD, just like the previous RS. I still think it's mega sexy though, and would more than likely give a left testicle for it.

If you're wondering why the huge front fascia and wing, it's because they threw in a lot more rally styling this time around than the first gen RS.

ford-focus-rs-2009.jpg

ford-focus-rs-2009-rear-racin.jpg

ford-focus-rs-2009-side-shot.jpg

They really need to bring that here. It's disappointing that an American car company has cars that aren't available in America.

They really need to bring that here. It's disappointing that an American car company has cars that aren't available in America.

Or cars that are better in Europe than in America.

The Ford Mondeo owns any Ford available here in the US.

They are bringing the Fiesta over for the 09 model year as an entry level (cheap) sub-compact, and if it does good which I believe it will, will make room for an upscale, bigger, more expensive, and more refined Focus... e.g. the euro C1 platform 2nd gen.

I spoke to a Ford rep, the Focus brand manager, and he dropped a lot of hints to me that make me hopeful. The Euro Focus should be here around 2010 or 11 at the latest.

Back
Top Bottom