I guess that I'm going to download ubuntu...

b.v.b

In Runtime
I like the sound f it, and I like the fact that I can change it and re ditro it. Thats pretty kewl! So I'm already downloading it! I can't wait until it finishes! ^_^

i've thrown Ubuntu onto a couple of work lappies that came with Windows Pishta pre-installed. They run quicker and do everything asked of them.
Nice O/S, no more Pishta induced driver BSOD's

Ubuntu is a great first step into the world of linux. The gui is clean and understandable, and everything is easy for a beginner to understand. Check out this website for a lot of good information on Moving from WIndows.

Cheers!

i like ubuntu linux, i tried it once, though u cant run games on it it still cool

hamid14, you most certainly can run games on linux. There are two programs one is WINE. The other one is crossover. These are both programs that can emulate a windows environment and install windows games. Just don't expect to be playing crysis unless you have a really high end system.

Also, there are a lot of cool games out there that can be run on Linux. A lot of the FPS's run on the Quake 3 engine, and there are games in every category imaginable.

Cheers!

I Tried ubuntu and didn't really like it. I had it on an older lappy I have that windows is slow on, and Didn't see any improvement. I had touch-pad driver issues but I half expected driver problems. I was just looking for a speed boost, but didn't get it.

Celegorm, how old is your laptop. I might recommend something like Xubuntu or one of the other "small" distros to install on it. Ubuntu takes up a lot of hdd space compared to Xubuntu, or DSL. Plus ram usage can be quite high at time.

Cheers!

Celegorm, how old is your laptop. I might recommend something like Xubuntu or one of the other "small" distros to install on it. Ubuntu takes up a lot of hdd space compared to Xubuntu, or DSL. Plus ram usage can be quite high at time.

Cheers!

Not too bad. It's socket 478 P4 1.4Ghz 3xx mb of RAM. I tried Xubuntu first and it was the same thing. I think Ubuntu ran better on it, but not by much.

You might want to try to try Damn Small Linux it has worked on just about everything that I have installed it on.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom