Any Computer engineers or Computer science majors?

Goldeneye

Baseband Member
Hey, I am considering going for one of those. Right now I am thinking engineer but was wondering what the difference between the two are.

Hey, I am considering going for one of those. Right now I am thinking engineer but was wondering what the difference between the two are.
Computer Engineering is like hardware creation, but you also get some software stuff. You basically deal with much lower level technologies.

Computer science, is mostly software development, depending on where you go.

I think computer engineering is a lot of code work too... I was going to go into electrical engineering to computer hardware, but I am thinking mechanical now...

I plan on attending Kansas State with a major in Computer Systems and Networking and minor in Nuclear Engineering. Both fields facinate me, and hopefully combining these fields will allow me to persue a job at a nuclear facility designing the computer systems that run the plant.

Nuclear power is beginning to be an extremely popular source of energy with the safe guards we have in place today. In both fields there is 100% job placement out of Kansas State, so i think ill be set. :)

Engineering is a lot of work just so you know. I'd say it's really up there, probably right at the top as far as a 4-year program goes. It typically takes folks at my school 5+ years to get a degree, unless you take lots of summer semesters.

If you do go into engineering though, look into the co-op program. It lets you go to work every other semester for a good company, I have nothing but good things to say about my experience. I signed on last semester and got to work at a nuclear power plant and made $16.16 an hour, 40 hours a week. Next time I go back I'll be working like 32 hours overtime every week for about a month so you can do the math on that one. Plus it's a cool place to work and they might offer me a job when I graduate.

i think im going into computer engineering also. after another year of high school...

Back
Top Bottom