There's just sooo many to choose...

lhuser

Golden Master
Basically, what I'm talking about is that I have planned a rebuild for my PC and I needed two things: A Botherboard and a processor. Well, I pretty much settled with the A770 A2+ form Biostar and a 9850 Black Edition, but my real thing is...there's just soooo many CPUs and board, it's crazy!

I mean, go look at Newegg! There's 333 motherboards for Intel....the LGA775 line alone...dang!

Not only that, the processors are also a pain to choose. There's this one for that much with this and that feature...and here's a cheaper one with this and that feature....and the list goes on.

What happened to the simple choosing of the Intel 440BX back then? What happened to the small list of processors we had back then? IT really blows my mind how it took me 50 mins to do the reasearch of detailed benchmarks for each.

I preety much expected these results, but I didn't want to buy something that is equivalent to a poor Intel CPU or vice versa.

Isn't there a time where you guys wonder why there's sooo many to choose? I mean, not in boards or CPUs, I mean, in general. Like Windows, there's two choices: XP or Vista. Linux, that's the same problem with hardware, and screens, well, they fell in the same pit.

Wouldn't you enjoy a small list of stuff, but actually have decent crap for not too expensive?

Basically, what I'm talking about is that I have planned a rebuild for my PC and I needed two things: A Brotherboard and a processor. Well, I pretty much settled with the A770 A2+ form Biostar and a 9850 Black Edition, but my real thing is...there's just soooo many CPUs and board, it's crazy!

I mean, go look at Newegg! There's 333 motherboards for Intel....the LGA775 line alone...dang!

Not only that, the processors are also a pain to choose. There's this one for that much with this and that feature...and here's a cheaper one with this and that feature....and the list goes on.

What happened to the simple choosing of the Intel 440BX back then? What happened to the small list of processors we had back then? IT really blows my mind how it took me 50 mins to do the reasearch of detailed benchmarks for each.

I preety much expected these results, but I didn't want to buy something that is equivalent to a poor Intel CPU or vice versa.

Isn't there a time where you guys wonder why there's sooo many to choose? I mean, not in boards or CPUs, I mean, in general. Like Windows, there's two choices: XP or Vista. Linux, that's the same problem with hardware, and screens, well, they fell in the same pit.

Wouldn't you enjoy a small list of stuff, but actually have decent crap for not too expensive?

that benchmarking work gives us stuff to do when were bored and are fantasizing over getting a new computer.

Then it would just take the fun out of researching the perfect system to put together... Not only that, but there would be a lot more custom systems that were exactly the same, so you wouldn't be able to say there's no other one like this. I actually like doing research on what parts are the best for my price range.

Actually, you have a point there. There's uniqueness in each personal computer in the home...where most of them are DELLS! Serously though, you're right on that, but couldn't they at least concentrate on a smaller variety of chips? Like, chipset selection, RAM selection, and so on. I mean, cases are nice. There's a lot of them and so much with HDDs...but I guess it's just choosing the right one for you that's the most work.

Last time I needed a PC, the Future Shop guy sold me the Acer Aspire M1610 with a Pentium D 925 in it for 300 brand new. I'm now looking for a Quad core budget PC that will do what I need it to do.

I guess I'm not buying new PCs often...

Back
Top Bottom