Summer project language poll

i know delphi but according to my computing teacher who is the person that taught me delphi i should also pretty much understand and be able to program visual basic with a bit of learning which i would do

Honestly, if you know 1 programming language you should be able to easily learn all...the only difference is syntax.

I know Visual Basic although I haven't worked with it in awhile so I'm probably a bit rusty. I also know SQL(Oracle).

Java wasn't on the list...

but I have Java, VB, C++, a little C#, and BASIC under my belt.

I know a bit of Java and C++. Of course, I can't fluently program in those languages yet, but I am working towards that goal.

C# and VB are pretty much the same in what they can achieve (for a beginner at least).

OpenGL and DirectX aren't programming languages, they're APIs which usually get used with C++. If you're wanting to use one of those, you'll probably want to learn C++ and I'd choose DirectX over OpenGL simply because it's easier and has much better support. OpenGL is at 2.0 and they've been discussing and trying to design the standard for OpenGL 3.0 for literally years now and haven't released anything.

I'd pick any of your poll except Delphi, who uses that?? Python is good if you're wanting to write some really basic games, but then again you can use C# with XNA... ... ...

What's your project going to involve, exactly? Or have you not decided that yet?

Back
Top Bottom