Summer Project

I need you to define a "serious matter". I could take 2 different interpretations for this:

1) Serious matter as in we create something, don't half-ass it, and stick with it.
2) Serious matter as we create something useful.

But assuming it's the first one. Yeah, that's my goal. I don't think we could start on it right away though. We need a bigger team, and we need to make sure everyone is caught up to speed on what they need to know. So it would take a while for us to get started.

im liking it,

i think theres someone got it in 1 not sure who posted it but it was something along the lines of.

lets get a team together and then decide what we are doing, what language will be used and then once we decided that we decide who is doing what part of "the project"

great idea.

maybe to help us stand out, and this is jus an idea feel free to chuck this away but how bout adding,

"im part of *The Project*"

in your sig if you are participating ?

Ok so what language are we doing this in, and what exactly are you doing?

Well i knwo delphi which i reckon with a bit of learning i could also do VB so if you need any help i would be glad to offer

i have to do a big coursework program next year anyway for computing im thinking of doing a program for a small car hire firm

as i said i know web design and vidual basic, so maybe we should add a poll or maybe a new thread to deside who in the project knows what language then purely on which language has the most programmers you should use that,

that way it shows no favouritism its jus common sense the more people that know 1 thing the more knoledge you will have regarding that subject or inthis case that language

Well going to the link I gave of MS compliers, it has C++, C#, J# and VB. I've done VB and C++. C# is similar enough to C++ where it would be a realitivly easy switch for me, and J# is virtually the same as java which I've worked with. Basically, give me a language, and I'll teach myself what I need.

Wow, if it's HTML I have much more to learn. I don't know a single thing about it, let alone programming a game. I have a great grasp on C++ though. I could also try using the .NET framework.

Can this darkBASIC be implemented with C++?
HTML is extremely easy. It's just a formatting language that tells the web browser where to place things in the page. There really is no real 'programming' in terms of actually doing things. In order to do things, you need to incorporate Javascript or PHP.

ok guys it looks like vb is leading but thats not 100% decided its going to be our language yet.

but i think we are in a knolegable enough position to be able to start putting some ideas out there for things we'd like to make,

personally i really dont have a clue lol, but i think if we could get some ideas rolling like is it going to be web associated ? e.g a program that connects to the internet or uses a html page to run ? is it going to be purely run offline ?

Back
Top Bottom