New case- computer keeps restarting

NuK3

Solid State Member
Hello, I recently bought a new case to replace my old one.

There was nothing wrong with my old case, I just wanted a cooler looking one.

My computer has worked perfectly since I built it a year and a half ago.

So I installed the new case, and all the components are hooked up.

So I put the psu on, and everything worked first try.

The problem is, the computer turns on literally for a second, and turns off and repeats.

I heard of this problem before, but I forgot how to fix it lol :confused:

Edit: Specs:
C2D 2.13Ghz
8800GTS 640MB
High end Gigabyte mobo
Hiper 580 Watt PSU
2Gigs Ram 667mhz

he he he computer shorting out.

did u install motherboard risers ???

dont worry i forgot to do it on my first build :(

take the everything out put it on an anti static surface and jump the mobo see if it workes,

if it works then its shorting on the case, prob motherboard risers need to be fitted

he he he computer shorting out.

did u install motherboard risers ???

dont worry i forgot to do it on my first build :(

take the everything out put it on an anti static surface and jump the mobo see if it workes,

if it works then its shorting on the case, prob motherboard risers need to be fitted

Excuse me for my retardedness with electricity, but does "shorting out" mean only a specific area of the mobo is having problems, or the whole thing, or the whole mobo is dead forever?

How do i "jump" the mobo?

and what exactly are mobo risers?

If it helps, the only surface I placed my mobo on while in surgery was a glass table and a wood table (oak).

Also I have no antistatic material is there anything I can use in place of that?

shorting out means that metal is touching metal not allowing the circuit to connect
mb risers stop your motherboard from touching the metal case
just put it on a peace of cardboard
jumping the board is starting it with out a case
take a screw driver and complete the circuit between the 2 pins

Excuse me for my retardedness with electricity, but does "shorting out" mean only a specific area of the mobo is having problems, or the whole thing, or the whole mobo is dead forever?

How do i "jump" the mobo?

and what exactly are mobo risers?

If it helps, the only surface I placed my mobo on while in surgery was a glass table and a wood table (oak).

Also I have no antistatic material is there anything I can use in place of that?

your retardery is excused, but just this once and we shall never speak of it again...

just screw these...

stand_offs.jpg

into the motherboard tray of your case (where the motherboard screws in)...

hexmount.JPG

try to line them up on the tray where you have screw holes on your motherboard, also try to place them where they will stabilize the motherboard at key pressure points (near where you will "press down" the memory and the video card especially) so that you don't bend and crack your motherboard then place the motherboard holes over the top of them and screw in the motherboard...

maint.procs-52.gif

also look for a loose screw or something underneath the motherboard when you do this, loose screws have a habit of ending up under a motherboard and shorting it out whenever they make contact with the conductive parts underneath the board...

CT eh?

Ever hear of Northeast Elite in Enfield? Thats where Im training right now...

And are you talking about the JRobinson intensive camps?

Back
Top Bottom