parents going to kill me if i dont get this fixed

nick_w

In Runtime
i was in the middle of reformatting vista because of viruses on the computer and it was running slow, when it was reformating the computer just turned off for some reason. I now get this error message:

error from Vista loads
Windows Boot Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
File: \windows\system32\winload.exe
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt

Enter=Continue

I run the diognostic tool but it didnt help. Is there anything i can do to get vista to work again i didnt get the vista cd becuase it was pre installed when i brought it from the computer shop.

i was in the middle of reformatting vista because of viruses on the computer and it was running slow, when it was reformating the computer just turned off for some reason. I now get this error message:

error from Vista loads
Windows Boot Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
File: \windows\system32\winload.exe
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt

Enter=Continue

I run the diognostic tool but it didnt help. Is there anything i can do to get vista to work again i didnt get the vista cd becuase it was pre installed when i brought it from the computer shop.

what do you mean when you say "reformatting Vista"...? you couldn't possibly be reinstalling it because you don't have the disc...

im use to reformatting xp ive never formatted vista i went into a restore to factory settings option i gathered that was formatting vista
what do you mean when you say "reformatting Vista"...? you couldn't possibly be reinstalling it because you don't have the disc...

sounds like the comp you had, had a hidden ghost image on a partition and then had a hidden ghost boot option which was obviously activated by doing somethign but u went to restore and well ..... it broke,

pretty much without a disc your screwed

Back
Top Bottom