xfx 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition xxx

Have you tried reseating the video card?

Those beeps are indicating either no video card or bad video memory. Did you purchase the card new or used?

i purchased the card brand new from tiger direct, and ive takin out the card and reseated it back in the slot and nothing happened expect for the same thing and the only thing that seems to be running on the card is the fan

You never answered ATF's question about the two adapter ends being plugged into the same rail or not. If they are, them on desperate rails and see how that helps.

o sorry they r plugged on serpate rails, i can put my old card back in and boots to windows and everything is fine
old card: radeon x800 pcix16 256mb

Are the molex (6 pin) plugs from seperate leads?, kind defeats the purpose if they're on the same lead (rail)

Define the beep, 1 long, two short??

@ cma, mate, it doesn't mean his gpu is fried at all, you need to think before posting.

would that even matter if there was only one 12v rail...?

I vote for a buggered card. The ChiefMax 550W supplies 30A on the 12V rail. While not a power house, it is sufficient for his needs.

It's not uncommon for a new video card to arrive DOA. You should contact Tiger Direct about getting a replacement.

I vote for a buggered card. The ChiefMax 550W supplies 30A on the 12V rail. While not a power house, it is sufficient for his needs.

It's not uncommon for a new video card to arrive DOA. You should contact Tiger Direct about getting a replacement.

I would try the card in another computer first, maybe a friend's computer...? if it still won't work then yeah, contact TD...

@ cma, mate, it doesn't mean his gpu is fried at all, you need to think before posting.

well my crappy fx5200 did... it dues to extremely heat (no fan, just heatsink)

thats what i can think of two problems.

30a?! hmm interesting....

Back
Top Bottom