New Build Startup Bios Freezing?

well i just reset the cmos on the motherboard and now its all working,
do i need to update the bios on the board? its a Asus P5N-D

It's possible you do. Look at what revision is on your board, then reference that to the latest Asus has on their site.

It's possible you do. Look at what revision is on your board, then reference that to the latest Asus has on their site.

you could run pcwizard or everest and either one will tell you what bios you're running now when you select mainboard or motherboard from the menu, then, like celegorm said, check the ASUS website to see if it's the latest bios (actually, I think everest and pcwizard also include links to your motherboard's bios download page in there with all the info)...

here's what it looks like in everest...

evbios.jpg

there are about 4 downloads i can get for my bios, so i dont know which one to get, also do i need these downloads if everything is working fine?

there are about 4 downloads i can get for my bios, so i dont know which one to get, also do i need these downloads if everything is working fine?

if everything is working fine, I wouldn't mess with it, what I would do though is download the ASUS Update utility (if it's not already on your computer) and then download all the bios updates, especially the latest one...

that way, if you need to update it later, you have everything you need already, you may want also to read this to get familiar with the process...

ASUS Update document

Just a quick warning here,

DO NOT use Asus Update if you are using 64bit os, it will bork your bios, use EZFlash or AFUDOS

Re: Bios flashing

The old maxim 'If it aint broke don't fix it" has never been more pertinent.

Bios flashes should only be undertaken if you have a board problem or the new bios offers increased functionality.

The P5N has been known to have trouble with 2GB+ of memory at set up, you will need to check speed, timings and voltages in the bios to ensure it is running correctly.

Back
Top Bottom