Sound Problem

mramazing87

Beta member
Here's an interesting problem I have.
I just built a new computer, everything works great except this little problem.
Whenever I install the nVidia drivers to my video card the sound stops working.
If the driver is not installed the sound works fine.
I'm running Vista Business 32bit. I do not have Service Pack 1 yet, could that possibly be the problem.
Any other suggestions?

Joel

I've kinda got the same problem, whenever i download the vista drivers from creative, i install them and yet only 3 of my 5 speakers make noise. While ill boot back into XP and everything works fine. Im guessing, its just the amazing powers of vista at work here.

Do all updates for vista. Get SP1, do it manually if necessary. Then update graphics drivers, then update sound drivers.

What is the motherboard model you're working with? What is the exact model/manufacturer of your video card? This would help in figuring out your issue. If I were to guess though, it sounds like you might need the all-inclusive nVidia chipset driver suite ... not just video. I'd check out the website of the maker of your motherboard and get every single driver they have for your board that's for Vista. Plus I'd check for a BIOS update.

My graphics card is:
XFX nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX Black Edition
I downloaded the newest drivers from nVidia's site, Vista 32
My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3
Their site has been acting up and download speeds are extremely slow for me
I was also wondering if it could be the chipset on the mobo
I will try to get Service Pack 1, hopefully it works...as well as download the newest drivers for mobo

According to the specs at gigabyte's website ... your motherboard audio is RealTek and offers the feature "High Definiton Audio". It's been my experience, that with that feature I've had to go to the actual audio driver website ... in your case, RealTek.com, and download the latest Vista compatible drivers.
I'd still check gigabyte's site for a BIOS update. While installing Vista SP1 is important ... it's not going to solve your driver conflict problem.

Back
Top Bottom