New Build Startup Bios Freezing?

Mr Spree

Baseband Member
well i have my new computer all hooked up and ready to go
all the connectors are plugged in and are in there correct places.
when the computer first turns on it gets to the part it says press del for setup, or press tab for bios or something like that, usually the keyboard will not work or will stop working, but i have got it to say starting setup... or whatever but
it wont go any further than that...any thoughts?

Forgot My Computer Specs

Asus P5N-D Mother Board
Q6600 Core 2 Quad
Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. Memory
XFX GeForce 9800 GTX Video Card
Ultra ULT40053 X-Pro 600-Watt Power Supply
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB Hard Drive

so it freezes completely correct?

um pop out the Cmos battery and leave it out for like an hour. that should refresh anything and if still no go then id say faulty board

Press Del to enter the BIOS setup and restore the settings. I think it's F10 to do this but look at the bottom and it will tell you.

If this fails then the problem could be related to the HD or RAM.

ya if that doesnt work
try taking out one ram stick
and vise vs a for the other ones

Press Del to enter the BIOS setup and restore the settings. I think it's F10 to do this but look at the bottom and it will tell you.

If this fails then the problem could be related to the HD or RAM.

he can't actually get into the bios, it freezes when the "entering setup" message appears after he hits del...

Typically this is bad memory/motherboard.

Take the motherboard out of the case and try it out with only one stick of RAM and no optical drives/hard drives or anything else that isn't a necesity to turn the sytem on and get video to the screen.

Also try different RAM/RAM slots combos.

u need a hard drive to boot bios dont u?.....

Nope, all you really need is CPU, RAM, and some way of getting it into BIOS. A video card isn't even needed, but it's kinda hard to fix things you can't see.

that weird ive though my entire life u need a hard drive to boot into bios
guess not...

Back
Top Bottom