Displays not proportional?

So, I have this HDTV. It's from Sony, 52". I tried to plug my laptop in it so I would get a second display from the TV, but it doesn't work correctly. I'm not using the PC input. I'm using an S-Video cable and one of those cables where it has the yellow, white, red ends (I plug in the white and red on the TV for sound) and the other end is yellow and black (I plug the black in my laptop on the headphone slot). So my problem is...the display on the TV is either too large or too small. When I keep the resolution on my laptop at max (1440x900) I can't get the display on the TV to fit the whole screen correctly. When I change the display to lowest on my laptop (800x600) and lowest on the TV (800x600) then it works.

The video card is ATI Radeon Mobile X700

check in the graphic control panel, their should be a tv side click it and change it,

and yes s-video is ugly now vga ftw

S-Video is not suitable for carrying high definition images. 1024 by 768 is as high as you can get on an S-Video connection.

I checked out the PC in on my TV, I don't have the audio cable...I guess I'll just stick with changing it to 800x600 whenever necessary...

Mind taking a picture of your television? Curious to see how S-Video appears on your set.

Oh ok. Sure. Do you want me to run any videos or programs at 800x600 on the TV set? If there's anything else you want running just let me know. I'll take the picture here in a couple of minutes.

DSC06105.jpg

DSC06106.jpg

DSC06107.jpg

DSC06108.jpg

I guess that keeping the notepad window the same size didn't really show us any difference.

edit: The screen is really bright so made everything around dark. Too lazy to go into manual to fix the lighting so...deal with it =p

Back
Top Bottom