would this psu be OverKill?

Yep...
For the 9600GPU, even 2 of them I doubt would use that much power.

You wouldn't need more than 700 watt I wouldn't think.

Power Supplies if I'm right are more energy efficent at around 80% load and above.

If you got that 1000 watt, it would only output what it needs, yes, which will probably end up to be around 550-600 watts, BUT, the power supply will not be working that efficently at this 50% figure.

Whereas if you got a 650 watt power supply, and was using 550-600 watt's of power, it'd be around 80% or more efficent so you'd probably actually get less heat output, so less waste.

Am I right?

That Silverston is not very efficient. 75% is not great nowadays. Most newer PSUs average around 80% with peak 85% efficiency. I'm not saying that it's not a reliable PSU, because it is, it's just not that green.

The guy wanted to buy a 1000W PSU in the first place...I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about it being green.

It's a great deal. If money is no object, then it isn't the best choice. But for $75, it's amazing.

Nope, but if that one reviewers right. It's going to be louder than most people would find acceptable.
My brothers power supply is of the same power as mine, but his is 3x louder, and its really off putting when he has his on when I'm in the room.

The guy wanted to buy a 1000W PSU in the first place...I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about it being green.

It's a great deal. If money is no object, then it isn't the best choice. But for $75, it's amazing.

I could be wrong but I think that was a referance to eco friendly not the color green.

Back
Top Bottom