Vista & Drivers

dakxxus

BSOD
Alrighty, ive got vista up and running! Everything seems sweet and it all looks very nice. But, ive got almost all of my drivers down, and i need my soundcard drivers installed. I have the original driver disc but apparantly vista doesnt support it. I also have no clue which soundblaster x-fi creative soundcard i have. I searched on the creative website, and i didnt seem to find anything for vista 32bit...

EDIT: Found a driver on dell.com by entering my express service code, it IS for vista, downloaded and began installation. Some error mesage came up telling me i dont have it installed on my pc?? Kind of wierd seeing is how im listening to music right now, through my speakers =/

At least you've got sound! I still don't have sound since I upgraded to Vista. My display driver likes to crash a lot too. Glad you got your problem worked out. Don't know about the error message, seems to me like Vista does weird stuff for no reason.

Yeap, even though i have 5.1 it is only playing out of the front right, and the rear two speakers..

Weird, sounds like a Vista issue to me. Drivers just don't seem to work with Vista, at all. I'm getting ready to upgrade to XP(yes it is an upgrade from Vista) in the next couple days. Hope you can get your 5.1 problem solved. All I can say to help you is to dload an older Vista compatible driver.

Well ive got XP pro on C drive, and Vista on D drive so it should be easy to switch back.. I would assume. Seeing how simple this issue is, i have no idea why it cant be solved.

unlucky... my computer worked perfectly when i installed vista on it a month after it came out....

unlucky... my computer worked perfectly when i installed vista on it a month after it came out....

Lucky you. My friend's bringing me an XP disc tonight, I've got my old key but my discs don't work, heh.

Back
Top Bottom