rate my comp

Vezz, just because it's free doesn't mean you should go all out. What if they make you pay after and they're not telling you now? Nothing is impossible, just improbable. Just make the best build you can for today's technology. If you take the advice given above, go with 1-2 quads, 1-2 gpus, 4GB of RAM, you will be fine. It will get the same performance.

i wouldnt personally as you wont be able to use all that power and its only DDR400 so it prolly wont performa very well in games because thats gonna be a big bottleneck
and when you can use 12cores them CPU's will be well outdated
plus its gonna be a bomb on your electricity bill
if you wanna go all out then by all means get tha machine but i wouldnt expect the blazingly fast gaming performance you hope for which would be muhc better obtained by getting say a Core 2 Quad extreme DDR3 ram and a decent gpu

well then why dont u guys show me some comp specs that would be best comp with no price limit

Also i dunno wether someone else will be able to shed some light on this but surely there will be a bottleneck with having 12cpu cores trying to communicate with each other at the same time
Hypertransport. Something Intel doesn't have, and it's why AMD CPUs are so successful in multi-socket servers. In a multi socket Intel system, all the CPUs share the same FSB.

Even for free, there is no point wasting your companies money on power you'll never use.
Plus, if the PC's at your house, you'll be paying for it all in good time...

Trust everyone when they say (as I do alot of 3D work etc), that 2 quad cores is the most you'll need. You'll also do with 2 GPU's, and I'd say go for 8-16 GB's of RAM if your going to go into IMAX resolutions.

Okay?

did he say 32gb of ram? wtf man, i only have 2gb whats with the 32gb since when can you fit that in a motherbored?

did he say 32gb of ram? wtf man, i only have 2gb whats with the 32gb since when can you fit that in a motherbored?
Sever grade multi socket board. FB-DIMMS are required

Back
Top Bottom