Weird internet problem

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
Over the past few days, my laptop has been acting extremely strange.

First of all, after using it for about 10-20 minutes, the internet just stops working. It stays connected and all - no problems with the router or anything - but nothing works. Messenger stops working, all internet browsers stop working and there's nothing I can do about it. It doesn't give me server not found, it just resolves the DNS, gets to "waiting for whateverwebsite.com" and stays there forever without doing anything. There's nothing I can do to fix it - I've tried different connections, reconnecting/disconnecting, everything... so I just have to restart and then it works again for 20 minutes or so and repeats.

Ideas?

I would reinstall.
also are you using caables or a wireless adaptor? Because if its wireless there could be some kind of interfereance in your home that is causing it sdo disconnect or lose signal

Again, it's not a problem with my router because it works flawlessly on every other computer, both wired and wireless, in the house.

I would reinstall.
also are you using caables or a wireless adaptor? Because if its wireless there could be some kind of interfereance in your home that is causing it sdo disconnect or lose signal
No need to reinstall, it seems like a connectivity problem between his computer and his router.

Again, it's not a problem with my router because it works flawlessly on every other computer, both wired and wireless, in the house.
I have a similar problem at my house. All the computers will work fine on one channel, except for my parents computer. If I change the routers channel to broadcast on a different channel, it will work, but then my Wii won't work.

Different NICs pickup signals differently. I would just try to change the channel on the router and see if you can get it to work. I'de suggest channel 1 or 11 to begin with.

The thing is this laptop has functioned fine for months on that channel and if it works again perfectly for 20 minutes after, why would it suddenly stop?

The thing is this laptop has functioned fine for months on that channel and if it works again perfectly for 20 minutes after, why would it suddenly stop?

Oh, I didn't know you had it working with THAT laptop previously.

Have you updated any software? AV? Firewall? Installed any new software?

Nope... it seems to have started happening out of nowhere and it happens whether the connection is wired and wireless.

I can confirm that it's definitely a problem on my end since all the other computers work fine. It just stops after x amount of minutes, regardless of whether the internet is in use or not - even if I turn the laptop on and wait for a while, it'll still stop working.

Back
Top Bottom