Questions about my dell

Yes, there was something else posted here, but I changed my mind. I'm going to upgrade this overtime. It will probably end during Christmas. I won't do any hardcore gaming until next summer, if that, so I'll be fine. Just for music, browsing, and videos. To start off, it's pretty much going to be a new build. But because I need to use the computer over time I will be buying parts and inserting them on my dell. Well, actually it's going to be backwards. I'm going to get an ATX case with a PSU, then send the Dell components in it if possible. Now here's where you come in. What's the best case + PSU combo for around US$50 prior to shipping? I was looking at this: Rosewill

With a few fans, do you think it can support an OC? I plan on doing one later. Anyways, I think it's a good bang for the buck. With the leftover money I'll shop for a motherboard which I'll post later. Need info on the case though.

--

How's this motherboard? I'm trying to not spend too much.

Yeah, you told me on AIM. Got I hate when I find stuff that I plan on buying and already include. Like I told you earlier, I think it might be better if I just save up to get a better build. Keep the monitor though.

Someone?

Most mATX boards will fit in ATX cases.

We had a member here who went through several Rosewill PSU's, so I wouldn't recommend them.

I'd go with this. I've had my Enermax PSU over a year and still runs strong.

I'm assuming there's a link coming.

Anyways...I have $110 to spend at the moment. I know for sure that I will be getting the MOBO I posted, unless something amazing is out there that I haven't seen. So that leaves me with like $60 to spend. If the MOBO allows me to user slower RAM than 667MHz, then I'm willing to let it all go on the case.

Well...yeah. Although I can't work, my mom is buying my PS3 share. I won't have time to play it. So starting in August she will pay me $180 in 3 months. So 60$ a month. And I get an allowance of $20. So I'll be upgrading over time like I said earlier. I'll finish by Christmas. I don't have the CPU yet. So I'll be transferring the P4 to the MOBO I'm getting until a get a new CPU.

Here's another question. Is it the MOBO that locks OCing or the CPU? Because if it's the MOBO then I can OC that P4 and use it as practice.

edit: How does this case look? I like the 2 rear fans for exhaust. Tell me what you guys think. Anyone know if the PSU is supposed to be good?
edit2: I case with no PSU and then a PSU would also work. The reason I asked for a combo at first is that it might be cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom