rate my comp

well added up with the case ram cards sound card disk drives harddrives and powers supply all that stuff came around 7000 and
on aleinware.com u can upgrade a maxmium comp for 14 gramnd and mione is way better

that might be the case but you could build a comp for a lot less than that and the gaming performance would be exactly the same , no game i know of today can utilise 12cores and 32gb ram and by the time games can utilise that much the opetron CPU will be well outdated anyway
plus the ram is only ddr400mhz which is pretty slow ram for gaming with thats prolly going to botleneck the CPU and the 3 GPU's like crazy

also you dont need 3 GPU's and definatly not 3gb of video memory what resoloutions are you planning on outputting this to ?
Also i dunno wether someone else will be able to shed some light on this but surely there will be a bottleneck with having 12cpu cores trying to communicate with each other at the same time
Overall i think that stuff is well overkill for a gaming machine and isnt going to earn you the massive performance you would expect might even bottleneck when playing games
and you dont honestly need 12cores or 32gb ram i would say a quad/dual core and 2-4gb ram with one of thiose GPU's would be very well near good enough

the reason its so good is that the company i work for is paying for is reimbursing me so i figured ill go all out if you can think of any better rigs where its better please let me no

Also i dunno wether someone else will be able to shed some light on this but surely there will be a bottleneck with having 12cpu cores trying to communicate with each other at the same time

It all depends on the motherboard design I think.

Start of with an Intel Skulltrail motherboard.

With a pair of Core 2 Extreme QX9775

And one of these... ATI Radeon HD 4850 or wait for the HD 4870X2.

Then elaborate...

you still havent answered the question of what you are thinking of using this build for ?

It all depends on the motherboard design I think.

seeing as that would obviously be a server motherboard i wouldnt have thought the chipsets wouldn't be optomised for gaming use rather just server usage so there will prolly be a bottleneck involved in 4quad core cpu's communicating effectively

i am going to use this for games yes but im also going to use this to edit films and add special effects this should be able to create imax image effects also

i am going to use this for games yes but im also going to use this to edit films and add special effects this should be able to create imax image effects also
most you would need for that is a a pair of quads even then most software wont be able to optomise all 8 cores ,
if i where you i would get just one quad core 4gigs of ram and 1 decent GPU

Back
Top Bottom