overclocking

Not sure on the warranty thing, never bought a "computer" as I've always made my own.

@OP

You overclocked your video card (?) and now you have no display on the monitor?

You overclocked your [insert applicable component(s) here] and now you have no display on the monitor?

What did you overclock? Does the pc POST? 1 beep? Have you tried booting into safe mode?

Unless the pc has some sort of "breakable seal" on the side panel somewhere they'll never know you opened it if all you do is reset the cmos.

How about some detail?

I got my PC a month ago. So I decided to learn overclocking and set the cpu voltage to low I think because I selected the very first setting. I can't open the PC because the seal is on side panels and it's attached to the back part of the case and says "if this seal is removed or broken it will void your warranty."

My Specs are:

1. Antec nine hundred case
2. Antec 500 watt power supply
3. Asus m3a motherboard
4. AMD Athlon x2 5600+
5. 4 modules of 1 gb 800 mhz ram-ddr2
6. 320 gb hard drive
7. nvidia geforce 8400 gs
8. Asus Lightscribe DVD-RW Drive

why are you worried about the warenty anyway, it seems like you know alot about computers so theres no need to return it to get fixed

ok 3 things confuse me there,

1. shop comps usually dont have overclocking facilities.

2. why are you lowering your cpu voltage to overclock

3. if you know about overclocking you no a bit about computers why not build your own ?

1 I get my computers from minco so I pick out the parts and they put it together and 2 it's the other way around I know a bit about overclocking and I know about computers

Honestly, you've probably voided warranty by OC'ing anyways, what's left to lose by opening the case up?

I once bought a pc with hot glue holding the pci cards in and I just took the glue off and hot glued it back together.
there is no way to reset the bios without opening you case. PERIOD. if you already voided it then just open it and take the battery out and leave it out for like 10 mins then put it back in. dont worry you cant make a voided warrenty any worse

If it doesn't post, then they will have to reset the CMOS to get into the BIOS. Then they shouldn't have a way to find out if you overclocked it or not.

But you changed settings in the BIOS, correct? If they had to do with voltages or clock settings then that can cause it to not post.

Back
Top Bottom