rate my comp

vezz7

Solid State Member
ok heres what im building see any flaws please point them out
SuperMicro MBD-H8QC8 Motherboard this has 4 processor slots WOW
4-Four AMD Opteron 854 Processors 2.80GHz thats 4 quad core processors so 16 cores 4x4
32 gb of ddr 400 mhz thats the limit of mobo or i would go higher
3x EVGA GeForce GTX Video Card - Superclocked Edition, 1GB GDDR3, 3 of those amazing
FG Ageia PhysX Accelerator Card
windows xp 64 bit and ill need a giant tower also lol

That gonna be one biiig case dude,and expensive too!

What games are you planning on playing on this thing? Personally i would get a PS3 with that sort of $$$.

With those specs, games won't take use of it yet to be honest.

That setup would be more useful for editing/rendering/music making applications that may use more of it.

If you are building that rig for gaming purposes only, its a complete waste, but for other uses, in the next few years, you may be able to use alot of it with updated programs, etc.

New graphics cards are coming out now that are more energy efficent, but more powerful than the last generation, so may be worth looking into instead if you can afford it (No doubts there :p)

Don't bother with buying seperate Ageia Physx cards though, but yeah, the Nvidia cards do have the function now, and will be used for physics/other applications.

Reminds me of my dream Mac Pro build. But it's deffinately overkill for almost anything besides running a nuclear power plant.

ok heres what im building see any flaws please point them out
SuperMicro MBD-H8QC8 Motherboard this has 4 processor slots WOW
4-Four AMD Opteron 854 Processors 2.80GHz thats 4 quad core processors so 12 core
32 gb of ddr 400 mhz thats the limit of mobo or i would go higher
3x EVGA GeForce GTX Video Card - Superclocked Edition, 1GB GDDR3, 3 of those amazing
FG Ageia PhysX Accelerator Card
windows xp 64 bit and ill need a giant tower also lol
vezz7 is online now Add to vezz7's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Waste of money is what it is.

I guess by the time programs take use of all that power, the CPU's you would have in that build would be too slow :p

^^ i have to agree i mean if you have this much money put it into savings or something don't use it for a pc this expensive it's too powerful for todays games as none support 4 cores or 64gb of ram etc.
total waste of money if you want a games pc aim lower not so high that your electricity bill will be sky high.
and another thing stop asking for rep it's gonna piss people off.

ok persoanlly i dont think this dude is every gonna build this its more a "rate my dream comp"

if you do claim to do it i wont believe ya until i get pics,

and like others have said its pointless id say you would be better off building 2 Q9300's with 4 Gb RAM that way u have 1 for gaming 1 for internet / music editing or wateva floats your boat.

or build a q9300 now and in a years time build another then in a years time build another,

and i gurantee lets say you spend £3000 on that monster build up there, i gurantee that if you spand £1000 a year on a new computer by the 3rd year the £1000 a year will destroy your beats, coz it will be more optimised for games etc

Back
Top Bottom