overclocking

ringtemek

Daemon Poster
How do I reset the bios without going into the computer because it's still under warranty and without going into the bios because my monitor isn't detecting the computer

The only way your going to reset the BIOS without a monitor is to remove the COMS battery or use the clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard.

Either way the only thing you'll have to do is remove the side panel on your computer.

Or if you have gone into the BIOS before then you should know when to press the Function key that will get you there. So even though you don't have a screen, restart your PC, wait for the beep and press the key to go into the BIOS. Wait for a bit then press the F10 key and enter. Restart your machine, this should reset the BIOS settings.

Are you sure? Most PC's are allowed to be opened by their customers to install PCI cards and such.

Are you sure? Most PC's are allowed to be opened by their customers to install PCI cards and such.

Yeah,When i bought my Acer,The warranty said im allowed to upgrade my parts,im just not allowed to remove certain parts (Motherboard and PSU i think).

Not sure on the warranty thing, never bought a "computer" as I've always made my own.

@OP

You overclocked your video card (?) and now you have no display on the monitor?

You overclocked your [insert applicable component(s) here] and now you have no display on the monitor?

What did you overclock? Does the pc POST? 1 beep? Have you tried booting into safe mode?

Unless the pc has some sort of "breakable seal" on the side panel somewhere they'll never know you opened it if all you do is reset the cmos.

How about some detail?

If you overclock your system,if the pc resets itself due to the fact you overclocked it too high,on most motherboard it will reset that device back to default settings,i think you may have fried something in the process of overclocking.Anyway,Overclocking will void you warranty,so taking off your side panel wont matter.

If you overclock your system,if the pc resets itself due to the fact you overclocked it too high,on most motherboard it will reset that device back to default settings,i think you may have fried something in the process of overclocking.Anyway,Overclocking will void you warranty,so taking off your side panel wont matter.

this isn't always true, it depends on what motherboard he has in the system, I've had to clear many a bios with the jumper and it boots right up to stock settings afterwards when it wouldn't boot up at all before I cleared the bios...

well any way remeniz said the only way would to take out thet battery for a few minutes or it ur motherboard has it is the reset jumper they are ur only two options. oh and one more thing b4 i leave if ur not carefull OverClocking may void ur warrenty anyway

Back
Top Bottom