Dead USB Ports

dakxxus

BSOD
This is seriously pissing me off. All of my USB ports don't work for my computer except for the two i have: Keyboard and Monitor. The monitor has a usb going out so i can have my headset at a more reachable place along with my wireless mouse, because my front USB ports don't work. I have called Dell support, and talking to derka derka allah all day isn't getting me anywhere. Plus i think the fact i bought and switched out a GPU voided my warranty. So, if worst come to worst, what will happen? Would i need a new case? Or even a new mobo?! (Doubt it, but i don't know).

Its not that i want a functioning side card, i want the whole PC i payed for to work 100% not some bs like this.

They are!! They all worked previously, and the USB flashdrives i used all turn the color on and stay on, but nothing comes up on my pc. Same with my headset, the color for power is on, but they dont fuction.

Try this, it's something I learned from dell:

Turn off the computer. Unplug the system from power and open up the side pannel.

Put a finger on back/top of one of the sets of USB Ports (the smooth silver side) and press and hold the power button for thirty seconds.

Take your finger off the USB ports, then repress the powerbutton for another thirty seconds.

Box it back up, and they should work.

Neodude112320, all the USB ports are reading OK, nothing abnormal under Device Manager. Celegrom, i dont see any "power" buttons on the sets of USB ports at all, it looks like its connected into the mobo OR the case somehow.

it's the power button that turns the computer on that you need. Sorry, should have been more specific.

Back
Top Bottom