Good Utilities to Have for Windows

MDS1005

Baseband Member
So, just uninstalled and reinstalled Windows XP on my system. Starting over from scratch. As of now, just re-organizing my music library, adding some security to the computer, and trying to find some useful utilities. So far:

CCleaner
Ad-Aware
AVAST!
Comodo Firewall

Can anyone think of anything else useful to have on a computer? Anything I'm missing as far as security goes? Doesn't necessarily need to be security related though. Recommend even stupid stuff like the best Weather program to have on the desktop etc.

spybot is another anti-spyware that would be a good addition for security.

O&O Defrag is a great utility, better the windows defrag. Not free though.

I am more of a AVG and Threat Fire fan. People can argue all day about which Anti-virus is better and such but to get straight to the point it is what you feel is better for the computer itself.

I am more of a AVG and Threat Fire fan. People can argue all day about which Anti-virus is better and such but to get straight to the point it is what you feel is better for the computer itself.

I use AVG as well. I think it is the best free anti-virus program IMO. Then again, I have never really tried Avast. So, I say just use what you like and what works for you.

spybot sucks. dont lie to yourself. even windows defender works better than spybot. if you want a good antispyware, either use the new adaware 2008 or use superantisyware.

http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

I think Spybot is a nice free program, which is why I keep it installed on all my computers. And actually, I used to use Ad Aware back when it used to be good, its new releases just blow. Although it does have a nice UI, it has no advantage over other programs, unless maybe I wanted to scan my cookies for spyware:D

Back
Top Bottom