Backups?

WD 500gb external.
its pretty good. hasnt failed me yet, even when i converted it to ntfs, messed about with it loads to convert back to fat32 (i have my reasons)
:)

Too many things don't support NTFS to be using it on an external drive.

well i dont do drastic backups
all of my important college work is stored on my 4gb flash drive , and i copy that to the server at college and my home computers every time i work on its

then every so often i will copy all my music to a dual layer DVD but i dont have any in at the moment but i also have most of it on my i pod as well

as fpor pics and other documents i dont think i have much stuff that would bother me if i lost , i should prolly still get a network drive to backup all the pc's in my house though just to be sure

I got a fileserver I backup to. I also have an external I used to use as a backup. Going to start doing that again. I have most of my junk on my internal 320GB WD. I just copy over the more important junk to the server, lol. 250GB on the server. Don't have a raid on the server since for one, it would cost me an extra hard drive that I don't want to spend the money on, and 2, got all my junk on the 320GB so if the server goes out, it's all there, and if the 320 goes out, it's on the server. Odds of them both going out at the same time are kinda slim. Then adding the external which probably won't go out soon since it's only turned on when I backup.

Back
Top Bottom