so hey.....I got a new laptop but have problems

mikee

Fully Optimized
I just got a new HP laptop and it runs great after the junk software was all removed but to my problem I can't seem to do a - or_ unerscore symbol, something else is using that key and a question mark just goes up instead.
Whats going on with that. The other problem I have is that right away after uninstalling the hp junk I get a message once in a while saying task scheduler module has stopped responding then the screen flashes to a lower resolution then back. Other than these problems the laptop is awesome and I am glad I got it.

This post was written on my desktop computer w/o keyboard issues

probably the reason you can't do either a - or a _ is down to your language settings as for the task scheduler you can probably disable that in msconfig.
if you have tried either of these things then im sure someone else will reply with some ideas.

what language setting do you have to have there are a few different ones that are for this area?

Where did you get the laptop from? they should come with the correct language/region settings from the supplier

Gratz on the new laptop Mike!

yeah its quite an upgrade from my old one

the craptop: intel pentium 2 300mhz, 5gb hdd,64mb ram, ati rage mobility 8mb graphics, windows xp lite

I got it at bestbuy but it is a bilingual version its a HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC

another thing, how do you make the language thing in the taskbar go away perminantly because it keeps comming back after restart

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional and Language Options.
2. On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details.
3. Under Preferences, click Language Bar.
4. Deselect the Show the Language bar on the desktop check box.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional and Language Options.
2. On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details.
3. Under Preferences, click Language Bar.
4. Deselect the Show the Language bar on the desktop check box.

thanks that fixed the language bar

Back
Top Bottom