Backups?

How often do you backup,how do you backup,and what do you backup?

Me,I backup the important stuff as soon as it's been modified (Music,Movies,Pictures).I make a direct image of my hardrive using acronis every few months or so.All my backups go on my portable hardrive.

never backup lol :p
all my music and important docs are on my external anyway. if my laptop blows up ill only lose a few downloads.

im going to start backing up more though

Everything I have is contained on the 2 hard drives that are installed in my fileserver. I also have most of it backed up on dvd's. I set up the fileserver after I got my new laptop so I wouldn't cram that up with stuff.

All music, pictures, and other important data is on my main PC's hard drive, an exact copy exists on my 2nd PC in the office.

Most of the data is backed up on to DVD as well.

im copying all my crap onto my laptop and using my desktop as a spare pc incase my laptop decides to muck up but ive got a copy of all my docs,music,videos on my desktop so i can access them.
im probably gonna get a external hdd to use to help transfer some files.

I have Acronis as well but I use it for duplicating HD's and other things...:rolleyes:

I have a RAID 1 array for all my important stuff and all my music production, samples, music, photos, instruction manuals, PDF files, videos and other stuff is stored on my RAID 1 array and updated straight away when I save.

This, to me, is one of the best ways to protect what ever you need to protect and is the same as an external HD that contains 2 HD's that you can RAID. Single HD back-ups just don't make sense to me.

What external hdd have you got? I just hope they are reliable (Im pretty sure they are),Mine has my life on it :D
WD 500gb external.
its pretty good. hasnt failed me yet, even when i converted it to ntfs, messed about with it loads to convert back to fat32 (i have my reasons)
:)

I back up on whatever media I have at the moment. My most recent backups were temporary, just so I could save my music, and few personal documents. I used a 4 GB flash drive, 4 GB SD card, 256 GB flash drive and 2 DVDs.

When I do "permanent" backups, I usually use DVDs. Single-layer, unfortunately. I need a stack of dual-layered, that way I may only need one instead of 2. But these backups are usually labeled with the date and what they were like "Music Backup 6/29/08" or something like that.

I need to get a portable hard drive. Maybe one of those 500 GB My Books from WD.

Back
Top Bottom