Kid decapitated at six flags!

Half Evil

Golden Master
ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- A teenager died Saturday when he was decapitated at the Six Flags Over Georgia theme park outside Atlanta, authorities said.

The 17-year-old park visitor was killed after scaling two 6-foot fences around the Batman roller coaster, said a statement issued by park spokeswoman Hela Sheth. He was struck by the coaster and killed, she said.

It was unclear how fast the coaster was moving when it struck the teen, but according to the park's Web site, the ride reaches speeds of 50 mph.

"We do not know why this person was intent on gaining access to this restricted area," the statement said, noting that multiple signs are posted stating, "Danger Zone," "Do Not Enter" and "Authorized Personnel Only."

"Some witnesses have stated that the individual was trying to retrieve something he had lost," Sheth's statement said. "Others reported that he was trying to touch the ride. This is merely speculation at this point, and we are working with park visitors and local police to learn more."

No one on the ride was injured, she said.

Police said the incident occurred about 2 p.m.

The victim's family was at the park with him, Sheth said, and park representatives were with them Saturday evening.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family," she said.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/28/theme.park.fatality/index.html

That really sucks. Those signs are there for a reason. My condolences to the family.

Hmm.....wonder why the kid crossed the fences anyway......Not saying that he deserved to be killed for doing that but it was pretty dumb, unless he was trying to commit suicide or something.

charles_darwin_l.jpg

Anyone?

i have no sympathy.

might sound crewl, but common sense is something that my generation seems to be lacking

i see it all the time at the water park, ppl get hurt by not reading rules and exercising common sense

Truly sad and gruesome to think about! The warning signs were there so he had no one to blame but himself. Too bad it ended that way.

I really feel no remorse for this kid. He did something stupid, and I have no problems saying its his own fault. I do feel bad for the family though.

I feel bad for the family, but how stupid can you get. Roller coasters arent silent either, even if he was getting close to the track, or wanted to touch it, he could have waited until one just passed or something, or listened and droped to the ground if you hear a huge roar.

Can you imagine what it would have been like to be on the car of that roller coaster?... Front seats... That would be a lasting memory to be had at six flags...

Back
Top Bottom