broken LCD

culexor

Daemon Poster
i have this monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824112004

today i woke up and turned my lcd on, it made kind of a hissing noise, when the screen finally showed up (after a couple of seconds) i noticed the screen was a bit dark, then the screen just went away after 3 seconds but the power led was still on. so i tried again, same thing, switched power cords, same thing, let it sit for 30 minutes (on and off), same thing. so i looked through my records and i found that i hadn't registered my product (doh!) and my warranty had expired (would have anyways even if i registered it). well now i'm in a pickle. i'm using an old crt monitor for the time being, but i need a replacement, this thing is just huge. i would buy a new monitor, but i dont have any money ($40 to my name). ok, well now that im jumping to conclusions i forgot to ask, is there anything i can do before confirming that it is broken?

ps: hopefully i will win like $1000 or something, then i can get a new monitor. oh and maybe a new xbox 360. lol.

can you still see a faint picture if you look really hard at the screen or is it just pure black?

sounds stupid but to get at the same point fisher is going for if you shine a lamp or torch behind it is the picture any easier to see ?

i think the backlight may have jus gone in which case if you look carefully like fisher said you should be able to see it just about

no i can see it fine, its just a tiny bit faint, it only stays on for about 3 seconds. it sounds like there is some kind of surge and my mom said she heard a loud pop this morning (i was still sleeping). capacitor or something?

that happened to my teacher computer in school. it was a crt though. so i leads me to beleive it is not you monitor. just like what you said. she got a new crt and 10 minutes later pop. she when though 2 or 3 screens that day.

i forget what they did to fix it thoght. i said it might be the cable. the cable the supplies the picture. the insolating might have melt and something is shourt causing you screen to no work.are you using a different cable with your crt. (not power. the other) it so that might be your problem. just dont use any of the first cable. untill you no they are good.

Back
Top Bottom