Windows Vista Activations

Laxgoalie1

In Runtime
Hey.

Does Widows Vista Home Premium for system builders have more than one activation code, so I can use one copy and install windows vista on two computers? danke.

Windows Product Activation (WPA) is Microsoft's way of keeping you from installing a copy of Windows Vista on more than one computer. It basically marries the copy of Windows Vista you've purchased to the computer's hardware it's installed on.

I'm not sure if there is or not but why not just get another copy of it. At least in my opinion it would seem like a hassle because then you wouldnt be able to get updates or anything like that. I used to have xp pro that was illegal and just learned that there are just somethings that are better just bought legal.

Did some one say it marries to your hardware? So does that mean I can't upgrade anything otherwise I can't reinstall my vista oem? I mean I am planning on getting another 750GB hard drive and new mobo and video card.

Did some one say it marries to your hardware? So does that mean I can't upgrade anything otherwise I can't reinstall my vista oem? I mean I am planning on getting another 750GB hard drive and new mobo and video card.

You can upgrade, but you can't take it off one system to put on another, or install it on more than one.

So if I reformatted would I be able to reinstall? When I upgrade as well it will be almost a new system. New Mobo and CPU and Vid Card. I would have to buy a new copy to install on my computer if I did that?

Yeah If you reformat you should be able to reinstall no problem. As i have done many of times. Because Microsoft can not expect you to keep all of you computer the same while using vista can then so yeah you can reformat and still use vista no porblem.

I doubt you can install it on 2 systems. Well you could but there would be no updates. Why don't you just buy another copy. If you are from the US then there is a sale on right now at the Microsoft Store.

Back
Top Bottom