The Marines

Cliff's notes:
The resolution cited many factors to justify the use of military force against Iraq:

* Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 cease fire, including interference with weapons inspectors.
* Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction, and programs to develop such weapons, posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region."
* Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population."
* Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people".
* Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the alleged 1993 assassination attempt of former President George H. W. Bush, and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War.
* Members of al-Qaeda were "known to be in Iraq."
* Iraq's "continu[ing] to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations.
* The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight terrorists, including the September 11th, 2001 terrorists and those who aided or harbored them.
* The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism.
* Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement.
The last one is my favorite. It was signed into law by the democrat's messiah, Bill Clinton. He mandated Operation Desert Fox, a major four-day bombing campaign on Iraqi targets in response to their failure to comply with United Nations Security Council resolutions as well as their interference with United Nations Special Commission inspectors.

Humm...

Those are fine reasons, assuming some were actually true. There have been no WMD found. Saddam Hussein is not there anymore. I'm not sure what the situation is on al-Qaeda. So why is the US there? To keep things under control? If so, the job is not being done very well. I agree with some of those points. Some have been accomplished. Others turned out not to be accurate. I do agree that something needed to be done, but the war is going too far. The US is always butting in other people's business. It's not the US business to settle the government there. I say let the people there do it. The US doesn't know how everyday life is there. The citizens do. So wtf is the US doing there? Why can't the US just leave. It's only causing harm right now (with the deaths of soldiers). Tbh, I think the war is for oil, not those reasons mentioned above. Those might have been the reasons the US went to war, but they surely aren't the reasons the US is there now.

Boy, the whole "war for oil" is going good don't you think? We have increased oil supplies, lower fuel prices and a great economy to boot. That surely must be the reason we are there. :rolleyes:

There's much more to "just leaving" than meets the eye. If you were to actually do some research on the subject, then you could get a better understanding of what would happen to the people of Iraq if we just suddenly pulled out. There comes a time to pullout. That time starts after a permanent government is in place and when they are ready to be mostly responsible for their own security. The time is coming relatively soon, and most have thought that after this next round of elections, troop reductions would begin to occur. Look for the anti-war left to start claiming credit for the execution of a plan that has been in place for years.

* Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction, and programs to develop such weapons, posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region."
And yet since the start of the war not a single WMD has been found in iraq ,now i dont know much about WMD but i know they arent something you can just make disapear
* Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population."
And since when has america cared about how other countries treat their own population , if they diid then why aren't they in a war with other countries such as zimbabwe where the leader treats his civilian population just as bad if not worse than sadam Hussein treated his people
* Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people".
well from what i can deduce they werent very capable at all because not a single WMD has been found , is that a very capable country is it ?
* Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the alleged 1993 assassination attempt of former President George H. W. Bush, and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War.
So what they where hostile towards you cant blame them after you had already gone over there once to try and sort the problem out
* Members of al-Qaeda were "known to be in Iraq."
so iraq are supposed to control every single person who goes into its country , members of al qaeda are thought to be in the UK why dont you start a war with us to
* The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight terrorists, including the September 11th, 2001 terrorists and those who aided or harbored them
Well we all know of the controversy following the 911 attacks but im sure you also chose to believe what the government tell you on this matter
* The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism.
Well if you all for fightitng anti US terrorism then why are you not in Iran right now , 1)their president openly hates your country and if he gets nuclear capability i dont think he will refrain from using it against your country
2)Iran are supposedly trying to develop nuclear weapons and already have nuclear power and are much close than iraq would ever have been to developing nuclear power

I just dont believe everything the government tells me because they have blatently tried to decieve people telling them we are going to find WMD's and saying they ahd intelligence to suggest these where present when they havent found any at all
where i formed my opinions of the iraq war from is by thinking about it logically , They said they where invading to find WMD's which have not yet turned up and so there is obviously another motive for being over there i dont know what it is and i wouldn't like to hazard a guess

As for pulling out , it isnt time to pull out of iraq yet , all that would happen is insurgents would take over and they would be much worse than saddam because they would have a vengence agaisnt the US so i think you need to ensure the iraqui security forces can keep the order before pulling out

From the one side military career is very prospective and thus is a good choise, but you are just seventeen, the life is just begins, and your thoughts about your way to nowhere might dissolute in some time. I know that, because I have had such thoughts also whe I was in your age (I am 23 now). The life makes steep turns sometimes, but I believe everything that happens leads us to the best consequences - I suppose this is the life law.

Anyway, it is your choise, and if your mind and soul are REALLY attracted to the militaries - do this, but think very attentively beforew you decide!

Boy, the whole "war for oil" is going good don't you think? We have increased oil supplies, lower fuel prices and a great economy to boot. That surely must be the reason we are there. :rolleyes:

There's much more to "just leaving" than meets the eye. If you were to actually do some research on the subject, then you could get a better understanding of what would happen to the people of Iraq if we just suddenly pulled out. There comes a time to pullout. That time starts after a permanent government is in place and when they are ready to be mostly responsible for their own security. The time is coming relatively soon, and most have thought that after this next round of elections, troop reductions would begin to occur. Look for the anti-war left to start claiming credit for the execution of a plan that has been in place for years.

Exactly my point. They want oil. Bush is not dumb, he knows there are oil "wells" he can exploit. He just failed at it. There has been conflict there. So why does the US stay there rather than the UN. I don't think the problem in Iraq requires the US to keep troops. The US has done what it went to do. Now it's not the US' problem to keep troops there. If anyone has to, it should be the UN. Like I said earlier, the US just likes to butt in.

Exactly my point. They want oil. Bush is not dumb, he knows there are oil "wells" he can exploit. He just failed at it. There has been conflict there. So why does the US stay there rather than the UN. I don't think the problem in Iraq requires the US to keep troops. The US has done what it went to do. Now it's not the US' problem to keep troops there. If anyone has to, it should be the UN. Like I said earlier, the US just likes to butt in.

The UN didn't sanction the invasion of Iraq. The UN wouldn't like to get involved in Iraq, and would never ever supply enough troops to do what the Americans are doing in Iraq.

The reason the US doesn't invade Iran is because the people are more loyal to goverment, and they have a very large military force. Iran has a larger military than the US, however their's only about 4 million properly trained.

so iraq are supposed to control every single person who goes into its country , members of al qaeda are thought to be in the UK why dont you start a war with us to.

Easy, you guys don't want them there. According to a show on this history channel, there were members of al queda in Iraq along side the standard republican guard, and I think a training camp or two. I don't see them joining your forces and creating a camp in your territory.

Are they expected to know who every single person is? No. That's impossible. Even the US can't do that. but the presence they had was too great.

Back
Top Bottom