about my new graphic card x1650pro

ck_34

Baseband Member
sup guys.

just got my new sapphire agp 8x ati x1650pro card installed. how come i can't watch some of the high resolution videos (1280x720) i have? the video shows up but it doesn't run smoothly. for my old ati 9600pro card those vidoes were just pretty slow. video shows up as in frames then freezes. is it whats expected from an x1650pro???? i was expecting better. or is it because my processor (amd athlon 2500+) can't keep up with the card??

i installed the "display driver only" from the ati site. i tried the one with the control center and everything goes to crap on that driver. it just slows everything down. anyone having these probs with an x1650pro card?? thanks.

i want to get that card but my high tec system only supports 4x agp and socket A.

well don't get it at all. it's waste of money. just save up for a big upgrade.

I think your CPU is bottle-necking that card. The X1650Pro is a good card, I used the PCI-E x16 version for over a year, and had no problems like that with it at all.

What are your full specs? Also include your PSU wattage if you know it just to be safe, just another one of my random hunches.

You could also try completely uninstalling and re-installing all of the drivers just to make sure it's not that problem.

ADM Athlon 2500+ barton core
Asus A7N8X deluxe mobo
2x512mb corsair ram = 1gb ram
ati x1650pro
antec 350sl power supply (350w)

i hope it's the processor too. whats the best amd socket A processor out there available to buy?

Back
Top Bottom