How ready am I?

Dude I have no ideas either. I've been wanting to do some programming too. Would you be interested in a shared project here? We could get more people and create a thread for it.

For C#?

Create an instant messenger client and server. You'll learn GUIs, Basics of the language and networking.

There are a lot of tutorials online as well.

For C#?

Create an instant messenger client and server. You'll learn GUIs, Basics of the language and networking.

There are a lot of tutorials online as well.
That sounds like a pretty good idea.

@JOGA- I have a programming background, but no idea about C++ yet. I'll do some tutorials and see how well I understand it. I'll get back to you.

Anyone know any good free compilers?

I think you'll do fine in school, you have a big head start over a lot of people going into a computer related degree. I've seen people start a computer science degree that were lucky they could turn on a computer.

I think you'll do fine in school, you have a big head start over a lot of people going into a computer related degree. I've seen people start a computer science degree that were lucky they could turn on a computer.
Probably helps that I already have an Associates in Computer Information Systems :). Unfortunately, that degree was based mostly on user-support, and management, as well as a little bit of security. So, I had minimal exposure to programming.

I'm just trying to get well rounded now, I think that I have a very good basis with user support (software and hardware), networking, and security. However, now I would like to get into programming, as its the largest aspects of Computers that I feel I do not know enough about.

That sounds like a pretty good idea.

@JOGA- I have a programming background, but no idea about C++ yet. I'll do some tutorials and see how well I understand it. I'll get back to you.

Anyone know any good free compilers?

If you want the .NET support get C++ 2008 Express, else google "Blooshed Dev C++.

Back
Top Bottom