Water Powered Car

It doesn't matter what kind of fuel source we use, whatever it is, the price will sky rocket once the majority of people in the world start using it. I say an electric car is built that has generators powered by the axles that charge batteries. Although, I know its not possible because engineers would have made it by now.

A litre would get it moving at 80kmh, for 1 hour, so basically it'll go at the maximum speed of around 50mph for 50 miles.
That good?

hascet, I've thought of that kind of idea before, but take note that energy changes into a lot of other forms, and so into heat for example. This would mean that even though it would charge the battery, you'd get to a point I believe where they'd still be no power left to generate.

It doesn't matter what kind of fuel source we use, whatever it is, the price will sky rocket once the majority of people in the world start using it.

Exactly. That's what's happening with LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) here in Australia. Many people have been converting to LPG over the past few years because of the high cost of petrol, the Federal Government even has a $3000 (I think?) subsidy for those wanting to convert.

Now, the price of LPG is starting to climb. No surprise there.

if it wasn't from reuters I'd have probably doubted this.

Water is free (kinda) and with just about every garage offering free water for washer bottle and radiators I can't see as this is a bad thing.
plus, you get about 50 miles from a single litre? imagine how for you'd go an a standard cards 40 litre (or more) tank.

the fact that it doesn't go fast is hardly an issue, there are so many cars on the road now that driving anywhere fast is a near impossibility!

It doesn't matter what kind of fuel source we use, whatever it is, the price will sky rocket once the majority of people in the world start using it. I say an electric car is built that has generators powered by the axles that charge batteries. Although, I know its not possible because engineers would have made it by now.

I think it's possible to make something with electricity like you mentioned. I also think it's possible that one of the oil companies or some corporate empire has tried to buy it out thus shelving it from the market. Another scenario is that it's still glitchy and won't be released for awhile. I think that solution is a great idea. Electricity would be a perfect solution and would be cheap if a car could produce its own electricity. Not to mention the thought of an electric car is pretty cool, at least to me.

Make gas cars non street legal and only electric/hydrogen vehicles will be legal on the streets! If you want to go over 60mph in a car take your gas powered civic to the race track.

I like this water idea. The only thing I don't like about it is how much the world would rely on water. You'd need it for so many things. Just think about how much water you use in everyday life. Now think about that plus a car running on water. They would have to come up with a Salt water -> fresh water "converter" very soon.

waters is not an issue its not like it disappears it just gets split and released in the atmosphere were it reforms
plus you can use water unfit for drinking such as sea and dirty rivers
even rain collectors on a roof would work

Make gas cars non street legal and only electric/hydrogen vehicles will be legal on the streets! If you want to go over 60mph in a car take your gas powered civic to the race track.

but the speed limit on the freeway is 65mph!!! im not gonna go lower than that lolll

Back
Top Bottom