Xbox 360

culexor

Daemon Poster
Ok, for some reason I want an xbox 360 now, I would need to save up, but before I decide to dedicate my money to getting one, I have a question....
I would like to integrate my 360 with my pc, so I guess I would want to be able have my 360 going in a window on my pc and be able to use my keyboard for messaging on my xbox, and also share files between the two. Also, I use a wireless connection for my pc, and I would have my xbox in my room with my pc (obviousley), would I be able to connect my xbox to my pc to use its wireless connection too? I guess this sounds kinda crazy but is it possible.

If this is possible, or most of it is, that would be great, if not I'll just spend my money on a new monitor (17" is getting a bit small.)

Also, do you think it's ok to just get a refurbished one? I don't want to buy a brand new one, just one with a wireless controller and a hdd. Help me find some cheap ones.

PS: I want one to play halo w/ my buddies because they're all noobs and dont have good pc's lol.

idk about the other stuff but dont buy a refurbished one!
the new ones have enough problems

idk about the other stuff but dont buy a refurbished one!
the new ones have enough problems

how do you figure?? The old ones had a lot of heat problems, but I haven't heard about the new ones being so bad. I have 3 at my house right now working perfect.
1 elite
1 new premium
1 old premium (purchased first week they were out)
never had any problems with any of them. That said, i would probably still buy a new one, but that is because I generally like my electronics new. A reburb would probably do you fine, but if you can swing it buy a new one, never can be to safe.

As for your other question, I doubt it would work the way you are envisioning. You could probably get a tuner with an s-video in or something and run it in a window, but other than it being video showing on the screen the computer wouldn't have any interaction with it.

lol yeah i'll take one. ok, well i can get a tv tuner card, or i can get this: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-VGA-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1214530466&sr=8-1
which would i be better off with? i would not be able to have my xbox in a window i know but a good tv tuner is more expensive right? do you have any tv tuner suggestions? i guess i might be able to hook an antenna up to it and watch tv too, but i heard the software for some of them suck.

I don't integrate my 360 with my PC so I don't have anything to say about that.

However, I will say don't risk buying a second hand 360 unless it comes from a reliable source, like the pre-owned section of a shop. They will have been tested and checked as a condition of trade-in.

If you buy a random one off eBay it could be broken, modded, chipped or banned from Xbox Live. It's not worth it and new ones aren't massively expensive.

I got mine in January 2007, it's a standard white Premium with no HDMI.

SWEET. live search club is now offering the 360 pro package for like 32000 points, will take me a while but whatever, it's free.

Back
Top Bottom