sloooow start up

omg :eek:

I totally looked most of these services up on google and they said they're all pretty much essential. I know some aren't, like rocket dock, but I use that a lot. I'll try it out.

go with what ssc456 said. Those things only slow down your PC. I have an HP and removed all the HP stuff and haven't had one problem and it has made my system run much faster. Of course google will say they'll essential, and HP will too since HP is the one who put them on there. A lot of that stuff is useless bloat ware. Rocketdock is ok though, since you use that one and it doesn't use that much RAM anyways.

Okay, I removed all those services, I'm down to like 4 now. It is a lot faster, but it's still about 2 minutes from cold start to operable desktop. talking to other vista user, and some research, it is rare to have vista take longer than 90 seconds to accomplish this. Are there any other suggestions? I've done windows defrag, Jkdefrag, cclean, spybot S&D, and ad-aware. And like I said, NOW my services are down to a minimum.

And also, ever since I messed with my start up services the first time I've been getting a pop up bubble in my task bar every time I log on to my account that says start up processes have been removed. Is there anyway to get rid of that?

If you're still getting the pop up just click on it and it should stop coming up after that if I'm not mistaken. Its been awhile since I've had to deal with it.
Try running a registry scan with CCleaner and doing that until no more "errors" come up. Then try defragging again and making sure you don't have any other programs you don't want.
Sounds like you're having the same experience I had with my HP laptop. I did everything I could and still it was really slow even with 2.5GB RAM. I wound up having to install my retail copy of Vista Home Premium and doing a completely clean install with no HP software. I doubt you'll have to do that though. I just didn't have the patience to keep messing with stuff and wanted a really quick and lazy fix.

ok if i new what that was i would tell you to do something smart about it. o well

Back
Top Bottom