iTunes On windows server 2003 os

sherwood

In Runtime
Okay so here's my quesiton. I would like to no is there anyway to get iTunes to work on Windows Server 2003??
If so could some one please tell me how.

Okay so here's my quesiton. I would like to no is there anyway to get iTunes to work on Windows Server 2003??
If so could some one please tell me how.

Why do you even want to run iTunes on server 2003?

Anyways, you need to disable the OS check. iTunes is an exe, so I off heart do not know how to do this. However if it extracts itself into an MSI file, you can edit the MSI installer using the ORCA database editor and set the OS check flag to no.

EDIT: Yeah I managed to figure out how do this, msg me on AIM / MSN and I'll help ya with it, time permitting.

Well I want to run it on server 2003 because i wanted to turn my old pc into a home server. But the new home server would not run on my spec.

And i wanted to run itunes because i would still like to be able to do everything i want on it.

edit: also when i have downloaded itunes and installed it, it all goes through but i get this error message: quicktime failed to initialize (error -2096).

QuickTime is required to run iTunes. Please re-install iTunes

what did you want to do with this home server cos if it was just file or printer sharing just use XP still cos that can handle file and printer sharing quite easilly

Back
Top Bottom