found a lap top :)

apologia

Baseband Member
Okay, so my friend found an abandoned laptop at our college, gave it to me, and I'm trying to find out what's wrong with it. I can't see anything on it!! There is something seriously wrong with the back light on this thing. It is very, very faint, I can't even see the cursor move in some spots. I have to do everything with key commands. My questions anyway is: is there some sort of cable that I can use to make the display show up on a different system? Like one of my desktops that I have? I have no idea what they're called if they make them...

then it is not a laptop anymore. he want to no how to get it working so it can be portable. like a laptop.

whats the model/brand/make their newbie? any info is wanted

alright, what I got is Fujitsu FMV-BIBLO NB7/80R. And right I can make out that it's running Windows ME, which says a lot about it's specs I guess...

Don't call members newbie.

he want to no how to get it working so it can be portable. like a laptop

You need to reread his question.

My questions anyway is: is there some sort of cable that I can use to make the display show up on a different system? Like one of my desktops that I have? I have no idea what they're called if they make them...

They're called VGA cables. Just purchase one, and you can use a separate monitor to see what's on the notebook.

buy a new laptop the dont run windows me. lol

do laptop have those keys on them that can adjust the screen and stuff like crt and lcds do? if so . use those to try to raise the contrast. but i am sure you already thought of that. most people would.

plug in the VGA and right click anything.

sometimes this will flick it on.

anyway, other thing, hit the back of the laptop, if this don't work, then simply go down to the hardware store, buy a shiny hammer, take it down with the laptop, 1v1 just you and the laptop, then this should teach it not to f**k with you when it comes to screens. Then buy a new laptop and if it appears to come out the same repeat what i said and do that hammer thing, its jolly good fun

Back
Top Bottom