Hacked Website

It's called Applied ICT. It is one of the most pointless subjects ever. There is about a class of 15 and all we do is wirte reports about how diffrent people use ICT it is very boring. Only took it for the qualitifcation but after i got that I'm gunner hopefully go to uni or collage and stufy more on IT/computers,

It's called Applied ICT. It is one of the most pointless subjects ever. There is about a class of 15 and all we do is wirte reports about how diffrent people use ICT it is very boring. Only took it for the qualitifcation but after i got that I'm gunner hopefully go to uni or collage and stufy more on IT/computers,

what level is it though , A level GCSE etc ,
i currently do A level computing and we learnt about the misuse of computers act ,

GCSE, even the teachers we have for it say its crap and pointless lol. But can't wait till i can leave it and then i shall start to do better things.

And we have studied all of the laws like computer misuse act, data protection act, copyright and health and safety at work.

yer we studied all of those as well and the regulation of investigatory powers act too pretty easy stuff really

What do you do in A level computing though?? I doubt it will be like what we do because all we do is write up reports. We have 5 hours of it every week :-/

well we do a lot
The practical side of it is programming ,
we learnt pascal and then delphi and this was working towards our coursewoork
but we also learnt fundamental programming which we could be asked about in exams
then in the theory side we learnt about networks computers hardware modern uses of computer and their consequences (thats the section we learnt about the laws etc )

Oh sounds like a lot better than what we are doing. It's a double GCSE so i think that all of our course work is equal to 1 GCSE and then we have an exam which is equal to 1. But we don't even no what to do in the exam as we haven't been tought it... Ahh well we should be all fine...

i did gnvq (worth 4 gcses) and that just involved several units, which focussed on random tasks, and were all pretty pointless. the most practical thing we did was using office 03 :p
as for my ICT AS course, that involved making a website, playing about with databases, etc. Lots of theory also. all in all they were both just bs :p

Yeah well apartly we are suspose to be doing a big database project next year which should be okay. But I can't imagin it been that fun with the teachers we have.

Back
Top Bottom