any one know of any

I'm doing exactly what you want to do right now.

Get this 24" Acer monitor: (that way you can do 1080p, unlike with 22")

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009125

Then buy this cable:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10231&cs_id=1023104&p_id=2405&seq=1&format=2

Hook it up.

For sound, with the PS3, you can output video via the HDMI cable, and sound via a component/composite cable. So you just need a standard RCA to 1.8" adapter (if you're using computer speakers)...

thats alot of money for some stupid little switch lol you can buy another DVI monitor for that

You can get a KVM switch that does the same thing for less...

I wouldn't get either, I just physically switch the cables back and forth. It takes 2 seconds >.>

Monoprice actually sells $30 DVI switches, but they're all limited to 1680x1050...so if you do opt for a 22" monitor, you can get a very cheap DVI switch.

again though how are you going to ge sound

what you need is a HDMI - DVI + 3.5mm audio jack cable,

not sure if they exist

again though how are you going to ge sound

what you need is a HDMI - DVI + 3.5mm audio jack cable,

not sure if they exist

Again, did you read my post?

The sound is output through composite cables, the video through HDMI. I'm doing it right now, and it works perfectly.

I'm doing exactly what you want to do right now.

Get this 24" Acer monitor: (that way you can do 1080p, unlike with 22")

I hope you realize 1080P is just a waste of money with a monitor that is only 24" big. You'd have to sit a foot away to notice any difference. Anything beyond that and you won't be able to tell the difference between that and 720p.

Defcon my personal recommendation is save up another $300-400 and just buy a decent 720P 32" HD TV. If you want to double that as a monitor you can hook it via DVI to HDMI. Plus you'll get a decent size. Sticking to your budget and your going to get a tiny screen with a HD sticker that doesn't really serve any real purpose.

The whole concept of HD is getting more pixels on the screen. The smaller the screen the less having a supported HD resolution matters. But the bigger you go the more the pixels stretch to fill the screen reducing image quality. This is where 720 and 1080P come into play.

The only reason computer monitors have such high resolutions with smaller screen sizes is because you sit a foot from the monitor. Try knocking back a video's resolution and sit 8 feet away and tell me if you can notice a big difference on your computer screen. You won't because your eye's simply won't detect it because your to far away for it to make a noticeable difference.

I've got a 42" 1080P TV and I generally sit around 6 feet away. I can notice the 1080P at this distance. The closer I move the more I notice it. If I move back another 4 feet you can't tell a difference from that and 720P.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;813827 said:
I hope you realize 1080P is just a waste of money with a monitor that is only 24" big. You'd have to sit a foot away to notice any difference. Anything beyond that and you won't be able to tell the difference between that and 720p.

Defcon my personal recommendation is save up another $300-400 and just buy a decent HD TV. If you want to double that as a monitor you can hook it via DVI to HDMI. Plus you'll get a decent size. Sticking to your budget and your going to get a tiny screen.

The whole concept of HD is getting more pixels on the screen. The smaller the screen the less having a supported HD resolution matters. But the bigger you go the more the pixels stretch to fill the screen reducing image quality. This is where 720 and 1080P come into play.

The only reason computer monitors have such high resolutions with smaller screen sizes is because you sit a foot from the monitor. Try knocking back a video's resolution and sit 8 feet away and tell me if you can notice a big difference on your computer screen. You won't because your eye's simply won't detect it because your to far away for it to make a noticeable difference.

I've got a 42" 1080P TV and I generally sit around 6 feet away. I can notice the 1080P at this distance. The closer I move the more I notice it. If I move back another 4 feet you can't tell a difference from that and 720P.

I can notice the difference from about 3 feet away...quite easily. It's not that big of a difference, but you might as well get the bigger monitor with the higher rez anyway...

But yeah, if he can afford it, HD TV all the way- the screen size is worth it. :)

Back
Top Bottom