Anime Thread

Favorite? That's really impossible, my favorite is usually what I'm currently watching. Right now it's a tie between FLCL and the Devil May Cry anime. Initial D is just amazing too. I'm into manga as well as anime, I do have a favorite manga, Pastel.

I torrent and buy all of my anime. It just depends how bad I want it and whether or not I want the crappy english dubs.

True. I never watch dubs anymore. It's not that I hate all of them, I'm just used to watching anime in Japanese, except for a few like NGE, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo.

Yeah there's a few I watched dubbed too. I prefer subbed but don't always have the capability to read, like when multi-tasking.

The only anime I don't mind watching with english dubs is Cowboy Bebop, which I forgot to add to my list. I actually preferred to watch it in english.

As for all my other anime, it's all japanese with english subs. :)

I hate english dubs!
Always sounds better in japanese.

I guess no one here is into some of the modern anime though. After DBZ ended I was pissed at it. I loved it till the end but once it ended it seemed like a whole bunch of re-runs.
I have some out looks on some "Modern Anime" like these:
Naruto: It's just a bunch of fillers. One summer I spent a whole week on watching episodes all the way up to 300. Once there, I realized I just watched 200 episodes of fillers. Good for certain people, not me.

Bleach: is my 2nd favorite besides Claymore. Its a very nice anime series, it has a foreseeable end(Unlike naruto) and it just mixes comedy and serious action very nicely.

Does anyone like the new "Modern Animes"?

Yeah. I love Seto no Hanayome. I was voted best Shounen/Shoujo of 2007. I can't remember which category it is as they always confuse me. But apparently they're coming out with a OVA project; I really wanna watch it.

IMO, DB/DBZ/DBGT beats around the bush too long. It gets boring.

I've never watched Initial D. What is it about?

Also a good modern anime is Death Note.

As far as dubs..I hate them! The only one I watch like that is DBZ because I can't find it in Japanese. I never get torrents, it would probably be easier if I did. I like to watch stuff in the native language. Sounds much better.

I hate english dubs!
Always sounds better in japanese.

I guess no one here is into some of the modern anime though. After DBZ ended I was pissed at it. I loved it till the end but once it ended it seemed like a whole bunch of re-runs.
I have some out looks on some "Modern Anime" like these:
Naruto: It's just a bunch of fillers. One summer I spent a whole week on watching episodes all the way up to 300. Once there, I realized I just watched 200 episodes of fillers. Good for certain people, not me.

Bleach: is my 2nd favorite besides Claymore. Its a very nice anime series, it has a foreseeable end(Unlike naruto) and it just mixes comedy and serious action very nicely.

Does anyone like the new "Modern Animes"?

Did you happen to miss my list on the first page?

Cabbs, who is that on your avatar? I wanna say someone from Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien although I've only seen like 10 minutes of it. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom